Ch.3 Unwanted Obsession

- Helen pov

It's late. School starts tomorrow, but I need to see her before then. I climbed out of my window and ran to Y/n's house. All of the lights were off. Everyone was obviously asleep. I quickly put on my mask and climbed over the fence surrounding their backyard. Front doors and all windows are always locked, but there are times when the back door is not. I carefully pushed the sliding door and it opened. I closed it behind me and looked around. Chances are, Y/n's room is upstairs. I was right, but her parents' room was also upstairs presenting two problems.   One: if she wakes up and sees me, she'll scream and her parents will come running in. Two: I can't tell which room is hers. I don't want to scare her, but I also don't want to open the wrong door. I'll have to guess and hope that it's the right one. I carefully grabbed the doorknob and turned it silently without a second thought. I closed the door behind me and studied the room carefully. The streetlight sent a ray into the room revealing Y/n's sleeping figure. It was as if the heavens opened up shining light on the angel before me. She looked peaceful. The darkness wouldn't dare harm her. I quietly took out my notepad and started drawing. I wanted to put in every detail. Nothing will be left out. She subconsciously turned to her other side once I finished my sketch. I held my breath and stayed still in the shadows to make sure that she wasn't awake.       She was.  She sat up and looked around. Y/n readjusted her hair before she moved the sheets to the side.  I suddenly felt an itch on my shoulder. I can't scratch it without Y/n hearing me. I felt tears gathering in my eyes as I resisted the urge. I watched Y/n get up and open her door. As soon as I heard her go down the steps I scratched the hell out of my shoulder. I need to get out before Y/n returns. Going back down the steps might mean running into Y/n. I'll have to find another way out.    Her window. I quickly unlocked it and slowly pushed it open before climbing out. I could hear her coming back up the stairs while I closed her window. I sighed in relief that I made it in and out unnoticed. I looked back into the window to see her back in bed. It's best that I leave before I'm noticed. There were no trees to climb down so I was stuck with jumping off the roof. My legs hurt form the hard impact, but I ran anyway. I took my mask off as soon as I reached my window. 

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I said as I sat down against the wall. This want.   This         need.    The obsession I have over her isn't supposed to exist. I need to stay away from her. But how? I tried to sneak away in the hall, but she found me anyway. I try to keep my answers short, but she still finds a way to keep a conversation going. Y/n knows what will happen if classmates see her with me.  I don't know why she insists on even talking to me. I know she has friends. They moved to a different school. If they were still  here then she would have stayed with them. She's alone at this school like me.    I sighed as I laid back down in bed. I looked at the sketch.           She should have grabbed her bag and left me in the hall.   She should have run away and never looked back.    But if she did        would I look for her?  Would I travel through the endless shadows just to reach the distant light?   How far will I go?