eighteen

why?

that was the question that was asked by everyone in the house. why was cody hurt so badly last night? what happened to him? who did it? why would they do it? these questions had been bothering all of us (especially me, because HELLO i care about you cody heartford) all damn day.

see we did ask, but we didn't get an answer.

cody just stared at the table and said, "i'd rather not talk about it right now."

then, he asked if he could have more pain meds which obviously was a no, since it could harm his body even more.

i had gotten up and took cody back to the small couch. he insisted on being on that one since he didn't want to 'invade our everyday lives'. he basically just told us all to pretend he wasn't there. so, since he was so persistent, that's what we did.

obviously, it was quite the difficulty for me since i really do think about cody a lot of the time, but i managed.

mom went and started her normal routine. cleaned up the kitchen, went upstairs to get dressed and put her makeup on, normal stuff like that.

dad had went into his office to finish up some work before he got ready and headed out to a meeting.

the boys all got dressed as they were all going to ask the girls they liked to homecoming.

grayson really liked this girl named ariana. she's gorgeous, oh my god. tan skin, brown eyes and hair. she was such a sweetheart. she's come to our house before to study with gray and she is so nice to EVEYONE.

ethan has his eyes on a girl named rachel. she's got blue eyes and black hair and she's shy and adorable to me. i've met her once and she reminds me of myself. shy, quiet, and gets REALLY nervous and blushy around her crush. i could definitely tell that she liked him, as well.

jack was asking his girlfriend, madison. they've been dating for a year and i have NO complaints about her. they are perfect for eachother and i'm jealous cause they are so damn cute. she's got hazel eyes and dark brown hair with blonde highlights.

and me? well, my mom was going to take me to the halloween stores around town, the mall, and the post office because i had a package there, but we couldn't exactly leave cody alone at the house.

he insisted we go, but then surprisingly asked if he could come with us. my mom said yes, but if it got too much for him, he could wait in the car.

so, that leaves me to where i am now.

i had ran upstairs and quickly showered, got out and blow-dried my hair and decided to straighten it. i went into my closet and picked out black skinny jeans, a maroon, mock neck cropped sweater, and black combat boots.

i had put on my makeup, put some silver bracelets on, grabbed my purse, phone, and glasses and i went out of my room. as i came down the stairs, i realize i didn't go as quickly as i thought.

my mom was standing next to cody, who was up and dressed and WOAH he looked fine.

he was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, a light denim jacket, and a single gold chain necklace rested on his chest. his bruised knuckles were very visible and so were the bruises on his face. good thing no one would be able to see under his shirt.

"thal, you always take forever," my mom nudged me and i glared at her, playfully.

"mom, i'm not leaving this house looking like an ugly monster. hell no."

"you're never ugly."

we both looked to cody, who had his hands in his pockets leant up against the wall. he tried to stretch his body out and cringed in pain. he shrugged shoulders and fixed his rolled up sleeves.

"what? it's a fact. thalia, you always look beautiful, with or without make up. you can never look ugly because you could, more or less, be an angel and we'd never know," he said it like it was nothing.

"now, i'm going to get a head start to the car cause' i'll most likely take forever to just get down the front steps," he smirked a bit and saluted us before opening the front door and making his way to the car.

"honey, did you hear what he just-"

"yeah mom i did. i have no idea what that was about, but i'm not sure if i should blush or be shocked at how serious he was," i wish i didn't interrupt her.

"he's good you know. i mean, yes the town knows him for being a bit of a trouble maker, but now that i've actually have had breakfast with the boy he doesn't even seem to be a bad person," my mom smiled at me.

"he isn't mom. yeah, he has times where he gets in fights or in trouble and stuff, but he's such a good person. he lost his older brother and his older brother's girlfriend and it really changed him. he said that's why he gets so angry sometimes. yes, he may have anger issues BIG TIME, but he's honestly really caring and thoughtful and really damn smart. he should be speaking for himself, because to me cody is perfect. literally, i don't get why i never liked him or even spoke to him more. he's amazing and i really like him, but he's so closed up and he doesn't express his feelings ALL the time. still, he's a great person," i finished my speech with a breath and waited for my mother's reaction.

"he'll come around. when i see someone looking at another person like he looked at you when you came downstairs, he'll come around," my mom left to help cody into the car.

i locked up the house and got into the front seat.

"mom, if you let me control the radio, i will pay for starbucks. deal?"

"i would've let you do it anyway, but you already offered," she smirked and started to pull out of the driveway.

"dammit, you cheated!"

"love, i can pay it's cool," cody's voice came from behind me.

i turned around a bit to look at him, "oh no cody, its okay. i'm paying for everyone today," i gave him a big smiled, to which he returned.

"are you sure? it's really no trouble."

"honestly, i've got it," and with that i started 'ilysb (stripped)' by LANY.

i sang along to the whole entire song, not even afraid to sing in front of my mom. must've forgotten cody was right behind me. i can be extremely stupid.

i sang to it anyway. bobbed my head to the music and did stupid little dances that probably everyone knows is me just getting the feels.

after the song was over, i switched to 'better now' by post malone.

"holy shit thal, you can sing!? oh god, sorry language."

i turned to see cody's mouth hanging open, then he looked towards my mom, apologetically, making her laugh.

"yeah? i guess?" i looked down and blushed.

"you just got even better."

i managed to mumble out 'thank you' before we were already at the mall.

"ready to shop with the hayes girls, cody?" my mom laughed and got out of the car, followed by cody and i.

"should i be scared?" he glanced between the both of us.

"very. we're going to teach you how WE shop," i giggled.

my mom and i hooked our arms on each of cody's and guided him into the mall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is almost 2. I need to sleep. BUT I updated yeee.