seventeen

i woke up in the morning to the smell of cinnamon buns, english tea, and the sound of my family chit chatting in the kitchen about cody and i.

"so wait, they aren't dating?" my dad asked, clearly confused.

"no dad, but they are crazy for each other. you can see it in their eyes, and its just SO obvious they like each other," ethan explained.

i heard a groan from in front of me and arms hug my shoulders tighter. i smiled to myself and nuzzled my face into his warm chest.

"they really should just date, i mean, come on they are perfect!" there was jack, making fun of how i fangirl over things.

"aw..i don't know how i feel about my baby girl growing up," and i can practically picture the frown on my dads face as he pretended to fake cry.

yeah my dad has problems.

"i'm going to get them to date NOW!" jack yelled the last word followed with a noise sounding like someone getting hit.

"jack peter hayes, i swear if you wake those two up i'll kill you," and there was my amazing mother being so nice to me.

thank you, dear mommy.

cody made a noise and i regulated my breathing to make it appear that i was asleep. i felt cody rub my hair out of my eyes and kiss my forehead. that instantly made me cuddle closer to him and i could feel his smile against my forehead.

"hey, wake up cutie," he whispered, so i peeled my eyes open and looked up at his bruised face.

he looked worse as the hours go on.

i reached up to rub my thumb on his cheekbone and smiled sadly at him, "good morning, love. how're you feeling?"

"in a lot of pain...do you think maybe you could find me some pain meds somewhere?" he asked, hopefully.

"yeah, i'll be back," i kissed his nose and got out of his arms.

i walked into the kitchen rubbing my eyes and smiled tiredly at everyone. my mom looked like she would murder jack as she thought he probably woke me up.

"don't worry mom, he didn't wake me up," i giggled and sat at the counter top, "do you have any pain meds for cody? like strong ones?" i asked leaning my chin on my palm.

she stopped moving and looked towards me as did everyone else. you could feel the concern in the air.

"is he awake?"

"yeah, he woke me up saying he's in a lot of pain. so, i came to ask for pain meds," i said looking towards the living room.

"yes, i'll go get some, thalia, go help cody to the table. that boy is probably starving," she dried her hands off and told dad to take over the cooking, while i walked back to the living room.

cody's face was contorted in pain and i helped him get to his feet.

"tell me if it hurts and we'll take a break," i said, looking up at him.

he nodded and i had an arm around his waist, guiding him to the kitchen, whilst he had an arm around my shoulder. it took a bit but i got him to the opening and the boys immediately got up to help get him the rest of the way. i ran and quickly grabbed him a pillow for his back so it wouldn't hurt him when he was sitting.

my mom came back and smiled at him and handed him two pills for him to take and some new gauze, cleaner for his cuts and scratches, and some cream to help with his bruises. she started working after he took the pills. dad was finishing up breakfast and the boys and i just watched mom.

cody looked down the whole time and winced in pain every time something hurt way too much. my mom just rubbed his shoulder and he relaxed and kept looking down. after, she cleaned him up, my dad made him a plate and brought him to him as we all served ourselves and sat down. as we all conversated and ate our food, cody just ate silently and kept his head down.

i frowned and reached over to rub his back gently, "you okay?"

he looked up as everyone had quieted down, noticing his behavior, "you all shouldn't have done all this for me. i mean it's pointless to take care of me. i'm gonna walk home after breakfast," he trailed off rubbing the back of neck and wincing at how quickly he moved.

"nonsense. we can't let you leave like this, much less walk. if i could have your house number i'll call your mother and have her come get you," my mom said, taking all our plates to the sink.

"um...my parents aren't home. they are away," he just stared at the ground as my mom got quiet.

"son, what do you mean they are away?" my dad asked, straightening his back up, "you mean to tell me you're all alone in that huge house of yours?"

"yeah, that's exactly what i'm saying. my parents packed up with my little sister and went on business. said i could watch over the house for them as long as i went to school."

my mom looked plain sad,"who leaves their 15 year old son all alone? how long have they been gone?"

"a week, but they are staying away for another week. so when they get back it will be 2 weeks," cody just sat their like this was a normal thing.

"you're staying with us here and that's final," my dad and mom said in unison.

"you guys really don't have to do that. i can be okay on my own," he tried to argue.

"no cody, you're extremely injured and you're going to be hurt for a bit. we are not letting you be all alone in that huge house. we'll take you to get your stuff for the week, later today. for now let's get you back to the couch and we'll all watch a movie or something," my mom said, picking cody up to his feet.

he smiled and hugged my mom.

"thank you," he let her go.

"you're always welcome here, cody."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the slow updating. Been pretty busy. Give me some ideas for this story and all my others.

OMG THANK YOU FOR SO MANY READS! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!