twenty-one

after dinner, i had to have a talk with mom and dad about cody.

they were washing dishes in the kitchen. cody was in ethan's room with the boys, playing video games. i decided to help dry. seated on the counter, dad handed me dishes as mom was putting them away.

"so, is it awful of me to ask if cody can sleep in my room? not in that way! just, you both know i really like him and...i just think he would be more comfortable with me, too? and i could keep and eye on him and make sure he didn't get hurt while he's sleeping!" i rambled, watching them glance at each other in amusement.

mom finished putting the cups away and shut the cabinet doors.

"oh sweetheart, you really do like him a lot," she laughed, patting my knee and going to start putting plates away.

"sue me! you used to let aidan sleep in the same room with me. it not like i'm going to do anything. he and i aren't together and i'm not sure i'm even ready to think about that kind of stuff. plus, he's injured, mom!"

"honey, he can stay with you, yes, but i won't promise your brothers will not tease you to no end about it," dad finished the last dish, handing it to me.

i dried it, realizing he was right. my brothers were very overprotective. they knew cody's reputation. while they knew he was a good guy, fuckboy reps are a little hard to forget about. was i afraid cody would take a turn and become a fuckboy with me? maybe. but i really believe him to not be that guy. when he's around my family and i, he can be a whole other person, but still flirty with me just to embarrass me.

after finishing the kitchen, i trudged upstairs to ethan's room. 

i peeked my head in, seeing cody on e's bed, a controller in his hands, and wildly pressing buttons.

"fuck! cody i need meds, where are you?" jack spoke.

"i'm inside one of the bathroom stalls," cody glanced over, seeing me, and giving me a smile.

"hey uglies," i giggled, stepping in the room and taking a seat on the side of ethan's recliner.

"you are rude," grayson gesture to me and then continued shooting at a zombie on the screen.

"ew, that's disgusting." i cringed.

"you're disgusting," jack pushed my shoulder.

they all started screaming as the game ended and they had lost.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, GRAY! THAT WAS YOUR CHANCE!" ethan yelled, kicking his twin in the leg.

"OW! HEY, IT WASN'T WORKING!" grayson huffed, rubbing the spot he was kicked.

i shook my head, stepping over to put my hand on the bed.

"hate to break this party up, but i'm here to take cody away and go to my room and watch movies, but it was nice chatting," i grabbed his hand and helped him up.

"hey man, come on!" ethan groaned.

cody shrugged, turning to wave at the guys.

"sorry guys, the lady is calling."

they all groaned and started mumbling about me being a traitor.

i pulled cody into my room and shut the door behind us. i had moved his stuff into a corner of my room and he raised his eyebrows at it.

"my stuff?"

"i asked my parents if you could sleep with me. they agreed," i blushed, playing with the hem of my shirt.

cody's shirt, lol.

i felt arms wrap around my waist and a hand move my chin up.

"you're so cute, thalia," he smiled, running his hand down my arm and going to lay on my bed on his side.