sixteen

thalia's POV:

well, this has been interesting. now i know that no one expected cody to ask me out right when he got back but like come on we all hoped? he still gets rides home from jack, but he hasn't asked me to stay over and hang out this whole week. it just feels weird. like he used to either hang out at my house or i would be at his. his parents haven't loosened up on him and he may be a bit stressed, but it still doesn't seem right cause he's been smiling and talking nicely with his parents.

i should really stop over analyzing, he's not my boyfriend.

i was sitting on my bed friday night when my phone buzzed.

cody: hey thal..i need help...can you please come over..and bring your brothers..

i dropped everything and ran to get dressed. shit, i should answer him.

thalia: i'm coming, we will leave now.

i yelled out my door, "BOYS GET DRESSED! EMERGENCY!"

then, i slammed the door and heard a bunch of running around and a huge "SHIT!" from jack's room. i slipped some boots on and grabbed on my phone and pulled jack and ethan downstairs. grayson came down behind us.

"excuse me? where are you four going so late?" my mom and dad looked at us with raised eyebrows.

"mom, cody texted me and said he needed our help and the way he texted didn't sound like him at all, so we need to go please!" i said all at once, while catching my breath.

"is he alright? is he hurt? does he need medical help?" my mom asked, in that motherly tone.

"well, i won't know til we get there," i rolled my eyes.

she told us to go and we sprinted to the car. we all got in and jack started driving a little faster than the speed limit. we reached his house quickly and i jumped out, my brothers falling closely behind. i saw his door was wide open and there was blood on the porch. i ran into the house shouting for him.

"CODY! WHERE ARE YOU!" i screamed.

i heard a groan from the top of the stairs and i ran up there. right there was cody laying on the ground on top of the landing of his stairs. he was bleeding and all bruised up. i dropped to his side and picked his head up.

"thalia?" he croaked.

"yeah, it's me and i brought the guys. what happened?" i asked worriedly.

he smiled, spitting some blood out of his mouth, and laughing lightly, "i feel like i was hit by a bus."

"ethan, grayson, help him stand. let's take him to mom," i directed.

ethan carried him on his own and grayson stayed behind them to directed where ethan stepped. jack ran out and started the car, while i shut the door behind the others. i got in the car and ethan laid cody's head in my lap and his feet on grayson. ethan jumped into the passenger side. we drove home and they helped cody inside.

"mom! help!" i yelled and she and dad came downstairs.

"oh my gosh, what happened to you!" mom gasped.

cody groaned in pain as i laid a few towels on the ground and grayson set cody down. i put cody's head in my lap as my dad brought my mom her work bag (mom is a doctor so thank god) and handed it to her.

"boys sit him up and thalia pull his shirt off," my mom said.

we leant him up against grayson and he grunted in pain and closed his eyes tightly. jack and i lifted his shirt up gently and threw it to the side. i gasped as he had bruises all over his body, turning black and blue with how fresh they obviously were. there across his stomach was a large, deep gash that looked like he was stabbed.

"he's been stabbed by someone," my mom said. well that explains that, "hun, can you tell me what happened to you," my mom asked gently.

he grit his teeth out and bitterly laughed.

"okay, we'll ask later," she said nicely, and she started to clean his cut.

he had his head buried in my lap and his face was contorted in pain. i've never seen him hurting so much,  as well as never show any kind of pain. my mom cleaned the wound and stitched it up and covered it. then she noticed something worse.

"thalia, help him up, now!" grayson helped pull him up while i pushed him up softly. we all gasped at his back.

more bruises and shorter slashes across his back.

my mom came next to me and cleaned all of those and stitched those up. cody was crying out with immense pain and finally he just passed out against grayson from how much pain he was in. my mom finished shortly after.

"wow....i wonder what happened. poor thing...he needs to stay here. i want to keep an eye on him. thal, i'd like you to sleep out here near him. all of you can. thalia, sweetie, pull out the couch bed and make sure cody sleeps on his side," my mom got up and pulled the couch out.

we all cleaned up the area and got the couch ready. ethan gently put cody on the couch and i wrapped my arms around him to keep him on his side. his right arm reached up and rested on my lower back. i smiled to myself and leant my head on the one part of his shoulder that wasn't hurt.

i fell asleep to cody's ragged breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I updated finally!!! Sorry for the long wait. I didn't know what to write next. Give me some idea for the next chapter or future chapters please. It would help me to update more.

OMGGGGGGG ALMOST 3K READS!!!!! AHHHH DEAD Thank you so muchhh

Love you all

(2018 me editing this a bit before i continue it: ew i was so cringey)