ten

i hadn't seen cody all weekend. he went home saturday morning when i was asleep. we may or may not have made a huge fort on my living room floor and watched movies and cuddled. who am i kidding? of course we did.

he had texted me a few times this weekend, but it was only to plan how we would mess with aidan the next week. i wondered if the pain he was in on friday (even if he didn't admit it) made him not so focused on our conversation. i really hoped not because he was acting like he'd forgotten.

i'd woken up not feeling well that day. my head hurt and i had terrible cramps. i realized what the date was and mentally wanted to murder myself. my period was starting any day now.

i internally groaned and took a shower to try and relax. after, i blow-dried my hair and brushed it into their normal waves before putting on my normal everyday makeup. since it was now september, it was getting colder, so i put on dark wash skinny jeans, a black tank top, a grey long sleeve fitted sweater, and a teal scarf.

going downstairs, my brothers all gave me happy smiles. i just sent the half-hearted smiles and sat down to eat my nutella on toast. they all glanced at each other confusingly.

"you okay baby sis?" ethan asked.

"i'm just not feeling too hot today," i sighed.

"you look miserable," jack pointed out.

"yeah, tell us what's wrong baby girl," gray continued, pushing my limit.

"god, it's just mother nature's monthly gift starting up. happy?" i exclaimed, slightly annoyed.

their eyes widened and they all turned bright red. we continued breakfast, silently, before all getting up to leave. before we left i wanted to apologize to them. i went up to ethan and hugged him tightly.

"i'm sorry bubba."

then jack.

"i'm sorry jack."

lastly, grayson.

"sorry gray."

they all said they understood and ethan even bought me hershey's chocolate kisses on the way to school. jack parked in the parking lot and we all went our seperate ways. i walked through the halls and saw aidan out of the corner of my eye. immediately, i felt an arm around my waist, holding me protectively. only one explanation.

cody.

"hey babe," he smirked.

i gave him a half smile and walked out of his grip to my locker. he looked at me confused and hurt? i opened my locker and put my stuff away. i felt cody come up behind me and hug my waist from behind. at that moment, a huge cramp crawled through my stomach and i groaned. cody's grip tightened.

"thalia, are you okay?" he asked.

i turned around and looked at the floor embarrassed and tried to think of how i could tell him my period was about to start, without making a fool out of myself.

"hey, you can tell me," he calmed me.

"mother nature is about to deliver her monthly gift to me," i whispered.

cody brought my face up to his and gave me a reassuring smile. he leaned down and kissed me. i kissed him back before we pulled apart. he glanced down where jake was standing and hugged me tightly.

"well, i hope that it doesn't bother you all day," he smirked, chuckling slightly.

i blushed and looked down at my feet. cody's face was still a bit screwed up. he still had a slight black eye and a bruise on his jaw. i hate to admit it, but it was kinda hot. i ran my hand across his jaw and frowned.

"no no no, i know what you're thinking. it's not your fault. i chose to protect you. remember our talk on friday?" he reassured.

"i thought you forgot," i mumbled.

"how could i forget the day the girl i've liked for so long told me she felt the same? listen, i have to use the bathroom before class. i'll see you in there," cody kissed my cheek before running down the hall.

i giggled and walked into french, giving grayson a smile and sitting in cody's seat. i watched as everyone filed in except for him. my teacher looked confused.

"anyone know where cody is?" she asked the class.

"he's in the bathroom," i called out, "he should be back in a sec."

soon enough, cody strutted through the door, causing everyone to look. he smirked around until his gaze landed on me in his seat. i smiled, teasingly, at him as he walked up to me, giving me an amusing look.

"what do you think you're doing?" he chuckled.

"sitting in your seat. can't you see, cody?" i smirked up at him.

austin immediately picked me up as i laughed. he sat down in his seat and sat me on his lap. we worked on our project and realized we were finally almost done with it.

"finally, we are almost done," cody groaned.

"oh, it isn't that bad drama queen," i teased.

"i prefer prince or king," he smirked.

"sure you do," i giggled.

before we knew it, the bell rang and it was time for gym. sadly, it was monday, which meant running day. i was not excited at all for it. but so far, it turned out to be a much better monday than i thought. aidan hadn't bugged me, cody was being sweet. but, i had spoken way too soon.

after gym, i felt as though i needed to throw up. i was stumbling and my headache had grown into a migraine. cody was worried for me. he held my hand tightly as we walked to biology.

"thal, are you positive you don't need to go home?" cody frowned.

"cody, i'll be fine. let's just get through 3rd period so i can relax at lunch."

"okay, but if you feel as though your going to pass out or throw up, you tell me," he instructed.

"i will," i kissed his cheek and walked ahead of him in our class.

during class, my head just felt worse, and my stomach got much worse. i rested my head on cody's shoulder as i tried to focus on what we were doing. after class, cody practically carried me to the lunch area. he set me down as he sat in a seat before pulling me to his lap.

i curled into his body and rested my head on his shoulder. he wrapped his arms around me as i tried to drown out the sounds of the talking. i could feel cody's chest rumble as he laughed. it was comforting. he and my brothers and other friends flowed through conversation.

"she okay?" ashley asked.

"no. after gym, her headache turned into a migraine and her stomach started hurting more," cody explained, kissing my head.

i winced at the pressure and he held me tighter.

"sorry babe," he said gently.

"it's okay baby," i mumbled into his shoulder.

i didn't even realize i called him 'baby,' until i felt him smile against my hair. i slightly laughed as everyone started their conversations again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

picture on the side is thal's outfit.