Enemies | Pt. 7

If you thought that Heesun would be running to Jaemin's room in a flash, this would have been so much more emotional. Unfortunately for you, the idol acted in the opposite manner. No one actually thought to show her to his room, they just gave her the number.

Room 4A. Where the heck is it?! Does 4A mean it's the fourth door on Floor A, or is it on the fourth floor at Door A? What kind of hospital is this?

Several paranoid thoughts ran through Saturn's head. It got to the point where she had to go to the bathroom to wash her face, and snap out of her frantic trance. But of course, she didn't know where the bathroom was either, so it took her an extra six minutes until she finally found room 4A.

During the long trip to Jaemin's room, Heesun thought of how she'd apologize. She wasn't one for confrontation or serious talk, but this was one of the only times she'd promised herself to not think of BTS while talking.

Just say sorry, like you're ripping off a bandaid. Wait, I rip them off slowly. Let me rephrase, say sorry as if Jungkook's life depended on it. Her thoughts mostly consisted of other K-Pop idols. But hey, if it works, it works.

Hesitantly, Heesun finally made the last turn. The last turn that led straight to Jaemin's room. She turned the doorknob until she felt the door crack open. Faint shuffling of bedsheets were heard from the other side.

"Hello?" Called a very familiar voice. "Is someone there?"

Pushing the door further so that her face could be seen, Heesun nodded. "Um... yeah. I wanted to..."

Just say it, damn it! SAY YOURE SORRY OR ILL KICK YOU. DO IT NOW, STUPID.

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me. Also, you'd be kicking yourself, dumbass. Try me.

It was surprising how much Heesun cursed in her mind, as she had never done it out loud. It even surprised her. She had also just discovered that her conscious had a conscious of its own. Huh, the more you know.

Okay, here goes nothing.

"I.. I wanted to saythatimsorryforbeingstuckupandactingreallymeanusuallyidontevenyellthatmuchtomyworstenemieswaityouaremyworstenemy." Heesun felt more than relieved. She had just saved Jungkook's life! But when she looked at Jaemin's expression, she realized she'd have to be a little more detailed.

Jaemin didn't even know what to say, partly because he didn't understand half of the stuff Heesun said, but it also could have been the fact that he had knocked his head on a tiled floor just two hours ago.

"I'm gonna need you to say that again," he muttered. "And it's not because I want to embarrass you. But now that I think about it, that would be even more of a reason for you to apologize again." A sly grin appeared on Jaemin's face.

That is a freaky boy. No wonder I didn't like him.

Wait... didn't?! So we DO like him now?

YOU LIKE JAEMIN? You literally just saw him, what on earth?

Not like that!

Yeah! I meant that we don't despise him anymore. Go away, I don't need more voices in my head.

Heesun grabbed her hair in a silent protest. From anyone else's point of view, it would look like she was having an intense migraine. Well, that's what Jaemin thought anyway. He scrambled to the foot of his hospital bed, since that was the farthest he could go without knocking things over.

"Hey, are you all right? Do you need water? I have water on my table, you can have it if you want." The younger idol, as well as the multiple voices in her head, was highly surprised at the offer.

Wow, maybe I was the only one being a bitch this whole time. That boy is, dare I say, sweet.

To say she was flabbergasted was an understatement. Of course Jaemin was usually the nicer of the two, but Heesun couldn't remember a single time when he'd actually looked so concerned for her.

Girl, it's all in your mind. He'd probably be this nice to anyone who looked like they were about to have a breakdown.

Now it was visibly obvious that Heesun was really going through it. Her vision went blurry, patches of random colors painted themselves around the room, and the girl couldn't control her own body. She stumbled and tripped like a drunk fool. Her own mind was practically killing her.

Yo, what's going on? You other voices better get tf outta here before we all go down.

Fine.

Tch, bitch. You're lucky I care about a thing called 'self love'.

In an instant, Heesun was back to her usual self. She brushed herself off and cleared her throat in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that," she said awkwardly with a forced laugh. "I was having... trouble. You know, had to control all the voices."

Jaemin looked at her in fright. He thought he had just witnessed an exorcism. Heesun didn't spare a second glance at his expression and walked closer to his bed. The boy backed up as much as he could.

"Nah, it's all good. You don't need any more apologies, we're all good," he said with a forced smile and wide eyes. Heesun took more steps.

"No, no, I insist. This is difficult for me, Jaemin. I don't usually swallow all my pride and sincerely apologize." She was now right next to the hospital bed. Jaemin had calmed down just a bit, but was still alert for any suspicious acts.
"To be honest, I guess I was just insecure back then. I thought you were trying to tease me about my rapping, but I guess that was all in my mind." Heesun could have sworn she saw Jaemin with an even bigger frown.
  "I'm sorry for thinking you'd ever do such a thing. Ever since our groups started hanging out so much, I realized how nice you really were. I don't think you'd ever try to make fun of me without a reason. I'm sorry, Jaemin."

  The girl couldn't look him in the eye. She didn't like to be the only one talking for a long period of time, so Heesun was already extremely uncomfortable. She just stood next to the bed in silence.

  "It's okay, Heesun, I forgive you," Jaemin murmured. He whispered so quietly that she could barely pick up on what he said. The two looked back at each other.
  "I just have one question," Jaemin declared. "Are you really going to America next month?"

  Heesun scratched her neck and nodded. "Yeah.. I'll be there for a few months. Mai and Minji are gonna stay here. We've already got pre-recorded footage so that fans won't miss us altogether.
  Our manager said we'd finish Solar X NCT Dream this month, and then we'll go our separate ways again." She looked at Jaemin's expression. He looked disappointed. Heesun couldn't blame him though.
  Even if the two had just made amends with each other, both groups had fun together. She couldn't think of not seeing them everyday, but living the idol life could guarantee that they wouldn't get what they want.

  "It's okay though," Heesun said, "we can still meet up from time to time. Mai's birthday is soon, so we can celebrate then."

•••

  It had been almost an hour. Heesun and Jaemin were still in his hospital room, sitting quietly for the most part, but sometimes mindlessly babbling.
  The other seven idols were still in the waiting room. Their concern had washed away, being replaced with a calm air.

  "Do you think they made up?" Minji looked over to her band mate.

  "Definitely. My predictions never lie."

END

•••
wow that was not a good ending to Enemies but I feel like we've been holding it off for way too long oops. I'm not good at endings, considering that the only stories I've ever finished were ones for school.