002 | sunflower

2ND OF MAY

THE dork laughs hysterically after seeing me at our gate throwing death glare at him

I can still remember what he did yesterday.

I really, really, really hate when someone kisses my cheeks with a bothering sound! He knows how much I despise the sound of 'chup'.

"Yah, miss me?" he greets and chuckles as he strides to my side.

I instantly slap his arms. He doesn't even flinch, because I'm sure he's immune with it.

Ye Joon is in a plain white tee shirt, paired with knee-shorts and black sandals on his feet. There is a pink towel hanging on his shoulder. His reddish thin lips are curved up in a smirk, chuckling at my inanimate reaction. And as usual, he's eating a lollipop.

"Still mad about it?" he provokes playfully.

"Snatcher," I say and pout.

"Don't worry, I'll buy you chocolate, kiddo," he says with a giggle before jogging.

It is our routine to go to the nearest 7/11 convenience store every morning to buy something.

I skate and follow him. I am wearing my yellow roller-skated shoes (a gift from my aunt). It's the only useful gift that I have received on my sixteenth birthday.

The road is empty. It's seven in the morning; and perhaps, most of the people are still asleep.

The morning is surprisingly dull. Although I can see streaks of sunlight on the horizon, yet the gray clouds are dominant as if they bring a great amount of rain. It makes the morning gloomy.

On the contrary, I love it. I suddenly feel delighted with the thought of rain.

"Is Hei Ryung awake now?" I ask Ye Joon. He is following my pace and jogs faster. Hei Ryung Ji is his younger sister.

I will not be able to balance myself if I will skate slower than my current pace. He will be the one to adjust and jog faster to follow me.

"Nope. Still early," he answers simply.

"What would you buy for her?" I hold his shoulder to keep me steady as we slide down the slope.

The place where we live is in a valley-a place where there are lower areas of a mountain. Our neighborhood is hilly so it is more thrilling for me to wear my roller skates every time I go out with him.

"I'll buy her a chocolate bar. She told me before she slept last night."

"Did she warn you that she'll eat all of your lollipops if you didn't?" I add, giggling.

He nods with a scowl. "That kiddo really knows how to manipulate me."

Chocolate is Hei Ryung's favorite, and it really keeps me guessing how she maintains a clean set of white teeth. Lollipop, on the other hand, is Ye Joon's.