Chapter 12

Jisung's pov:

Well, that was weird, I think to myself as I walk away from Hansuke, soon reaching Chenle. I throw my arm around his small shoulders as we walk to the parking lot.

"What was that?" Chenle asks me as we try and dodge the cars of inexperienced and reckless high schoolers.

"What was what?" I question back, not sure what he is referring to.

"Oh come on," he shakes his head, "what were you doing with Hansuke? Was he trying to pull that shit again?"

"No." Chenle raises a brow at my response, unsatisfied. He nudged me with his elbow, "Jisung~" he whines, dragging out my name.

"It's nothing Lele, I'll see you tomorrow, ok?" I nudge him in the direction of his home before turning in the opposite to go to Eunji's car.

"Fine, whatever. I didn't want to know anyway!" Chenle tells at me as we continue walking in opposite directions, his laugh follows his statement.

I shake my head with a smile and continue to my sister's car, hands in my pockets, bag hanging off one shoulder, my pace slow; I'm in no rush to get there anymore. There's no need to be, I'm done with Hansuke messing with me. I smile confidently to myself, no more, I won't let him treat me that way anymore. I feel proud, like I deserve to be known as Park Eunji's little brother now, because just like her, I won't let other people decide my self worth for me.

"Hey Ji, how was your day?" Eunji says in a silvery voice and shoots me a gummy smile as soon as I step in the car. I toss my bag in the backseat next to hers and quickly reach for the radio.

"It was good. What about yours?" I let the corners of my mouth tug up into a smile as well, glad I have a sister like her.

"It was good, thank you for asking," She says in a teasing manner while reaching over and pinching my cheek. She wiggles my face for a moment before letting go and returning her hand to the steering wheal. I puff out my cheeks once she does, a habit I developed when I was young and people would always pinch my cheeks.

"So like, do you want to pick up something unhealthy that will probably gives us high cholesterol so I don't have to cook, or would you prefer a healthy homemade meal that consists of vegetables mom buys because she wants us to eat them but end up rotting?"

"Cholesterol please," I laugh at her lengthy question and how she describes the meal choices.

"Cholesterol it is. Fried chicken?" I nod my head viciously, mouth watering at the thought of food.

"Then let's goooooo!" She yells as she backs out of the spot. She drives the opposite direction of our house, turning left at the intersection towards the shops and restaurants downtown.

The drive is nice, we seemingly glide down the road with the windows down. The radio plays music at a low volume, more like background noise, as we cruise, both of us with an arm sticking out of the window. The sun feels nice, the occasional cloud providing some shade from its warm rays and it is this moment when I feel truly happy. Happy for such a great sister, happy for the overlooked blessings of everyday life, happy for just being here, in this moment. My thoughts are interrupted, however, because we soon are pulling into the parking lot of our favorite chicken place.

"You can stay in the car, I'll just be a sec." Eunji turns off the engine as she says this. I nod in response as she opens the door and saunters her way inside the charming restaurant. I lean my head against my hand and close my eyes, the breeze coming in through the open windows relaxing me. Taking a deep breathe, I let my mind wander once more, thinking back to my encounter with Hansuke. Why did he want to talk, but then says nothing when I agree? Why does he have to be so frustrating? I chew my bottom lip, completely puzzled by the actions of my classmate. At the beginning of the semester, we would just greet each other. Then he started teasing me, comments about my 'coconut head' as he calls it and other foolish remarks. Then it grew bigger, until it turned into something unexpected. Opening my eyes, I rest my head on my arm, gaze fixed on the cars buzzing past. The colors are so vibrant, it's mesmerizing. I begin to slip into a strong sense of heliophilia, until-