Payment

Early the next morning he came with broth from Willow and an apron to put on. He knew that Ian would be naked and he wanted to give him anything he could to ease the transition.

At the door he was seen to the leader.

"What is his purchase amount?"

"100,000 coin."

"That's twice as much as is normal! "

Galek stood to fight him. Orcs used force often to settle things daily.

They wrestled in the floor Galek outdoing every move blow for blow.

"This is what I have and this is what you will take. I should rip your head off. "

"I have friends who will kill you Galek. Don't make an enemy of me. Pay the price and I will not mention the bad blood between us. "

He spit out blood in his mouth.

Galek thought long and hard. He saw the future, Ian scared and unprotected because he had fought this orc.

His grip on the orc tightened. "Very well. I will be gone for seven days to procure the money. If I find anything has happened to him I will kill you. And not care who knows."

"As you wish. Seven days he will be put on hold. "

"Now let me see him."

"No. It is not permitted."

Galek turned to fight him again but thought better of it. He needed to get to the coin he had.

He turned to leave the orc. Bloody on the floor.

The orc spoke. "He has been already beaten Galek it is what happens when they arrive from the outside."

He turned to the orc.

"When I come back I will kill the orcs that beat him."

He left.

On foot he ran towards the forest outside the city. Most orcs did not keep horses, Their massive legs built for running on land long distances. He ran all afternoon and into the night coming to the edge of the forest and circling a village then heading to another forest. He ran without stopping. Carrying sustenance with him. He read a page rock in the second forest he came to and with great stretch moved the rock.

He dug not very deep into the group and there he found the jewels he'd hidden during days of mercenary work. He'd had plans for this but he'd have to set them aside. This was his most important purchase. Gathering the bag he turned to begin the run back. Tired he'd been running for two days. He came to a stream. Washed himself and drank huge gulps of water. Always keeping his eye on the bag not more than an arms length away.

He arose from the water flexing his glorious muscles, water running off him. He felt refreshed and able to finish the journey.

The run back was horrendous. The trip beginning to wear even on his strong body with no rest.

He came to Hoppas house. Knocked.

Willow opened the door.

Galek collapsed.

—————————-
"So you now have all the coin?"

"Yes."

"I will go with you. We will go together. And purchase him so his safety will be set. It must be now."

He and Galek both knocked on the door and demanded to see the leader of the long house.

"Do you have payment for me Galek?"

They stood in his private room.

Hoppa spoke.

"The payment is here."

Handing the orc the saved bag of coin and then the jewels.

He weighed them.

"Yes. This is good. But I will need payment for the days I allowed him to on hold."

Galek growled hating the orc.

Hoppa threw another gem to his table.

"Will that suffice?"

He picked it up, judging.

"Yes."

"We need the seal. "

He handed Hoppa the clay seal showing his purchase.

They turned to leave.

Galek leaning on Hoppa.

At last before leaving he turned to the orc leader.

"If ever we meet in battle or fight, no quarter will be given."

He spoke deep and slow and true meaning every word.

"You have your human now go."

Hoppa returned with Galek to his his home and healing rooms.

Willow came out to help carry Galek.

For two days he rested as Willow and Hoppa healed him.

But his human had been purchased! Ian belonged to him. Sweet Ian. He slept contentedly.

Please leave a comment!! I promise to respond.  Hope you are enjoying the story.