Hopefully, or I was worse than dead.

"I brought the money. Now give me the girl."

Thought they sounded nothing alike, I knew. The man in the mask was Tae.

"Who sent you?" my guard asked.

"Kim Taehyung, idiot." Tae threw the money through the window. "You get the money, he gets the girl. That was the deal."

"Yeah, yeah." The briefcase had fallen open, displaying stacks of hundred dollar bills, and the greed in his eyes was evident.

He hit a button on his door, and the one I sat next to unlocked.

Tae scooped me out of the car and practically threw me into his.

Smooth and business-like, he got in alongside me and the driver, who was also masked, seemed to floor the gas.

Well that was interesting. I had been certain that there would be some more elaborate plan involving the police and all, 2 million not exactly being pocket money for a lazy Saturday.

Tae pulled off his mask and as gently as he could he pulled the tape off of my mouth and worked to untie my hands.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" His voiced was filled with concern as the ropes loosened and finally came off.

"Yeah, but I can't really believe that you'd just hand them the money like that." I was still processing what just happened.

He smiled, his eyes both relieved and hard. "I didn't. All the money in that case is a few real hundreds on the surface so we could get away. The police are arresting the man in the car now, and the rest of them will be traced to their meeting place before they can make a getaway."

"Oh." I paused to process that. "So where are we going?"

His smile became wobbly, and I saw tears in his eyes.

"What? What's wrong Tae?"

Suddenly he scooped me into his arms, hugging me fiercely as his tears spilled over and dropped onto my neck.

"I'm so glad you're safe. I was scared, so scared. I was so afraid that I'd never see you again. I was afraid that those men wouldn't keep their word. I was afraid I'd lost you without ever really meeting you, or getting to hug you, or tell you how much I love you.

"When we drove up and I saw you in that car, I almost couldn't keep myself from punching that guy in the face right there. I hated the thought that you' been alone, that I couldn't let you know that I was coming.

"I can't pretend to be strong anymore. I'm just..."

His voice broke, and he simply cried.

I snuggled into his hug and cried too. All the fears and doubts from the past week that I'd hidden away from myself so that my captors wouldn't see me as weak broke loose, and I hugged him back. Until now, when I'd heard him voice his own fears, I hadn't let myself realize how afraid I was.

Afraid of what would happen if the deadline passed, yes, but mostly it had been the fear that I would lose Tae forever.

We stayed like that until we reached the adjoining hotel rooms he'd gotten for tonight.

"This one is for us, that one is for our driver." He said as he opened the door to what was apparently our room.

"I hope you don't mind that there's only one bed. I can sleep on the couch if you want, but I can't leave you alone again. Not while we don't know for sure that those goons aren't locked up."

"Tae, it's fine." I said. "I just want to sleep."

There was a profound look of relief on his face.

"Okay then."

I fell into the bed without even bothering to wash up. The last thing I remembered as I drifted off to sleep was Tae pulling the covers over me and kissing my forehead gently.

"Goodnight, Y/N. I love you."

Well, hello again! What do you think of their reunion? Will the police catch all of Y/N's kidnappers?

Shout out to MoonLitStars83, thank you for adding my story to your reading lists "Love" and "Fanfiction"! I will do my best to continue to write well for all of you!

Another shout out to Zalonia-Smith, for commenting on my story. You know a person cares when the go out of their way to look at something when they wouldn't normally care about just for you, and that's what you did for me, so yes I am writing this probably (to you) embarrassing shout out to show you my gratitude, because that's the kind of friendship we have.

I purple you guys! Please continue to support my story, and if you're not commenting because you don't want a shout out, just put "nso" for "no shout out" at the end of your comment please, because I really appreciate it when you guys comment!

Until next time, fellow ARMYs! Fighting!