Chapter Twenty-One:The Red Bull Charity Gala

T.C.:

    Once I was at the factory again it was back to normal. At least a little more normal. I spent my days going over data and helping improve the car. Daniel was at his home in Monaco and it had been very quiet. I was thankfully to be able to distract myself with work and not worry about the eye of the media, that had been constantly on me ever since that interview. The first few days back, media had camped outside the factory, but Christian quickly put a stop to that. One thing I was thankful for was that red bull racing was like a family. Everyone liked each other and got along. We all looked out for each other. It was nice.

    “Hey what are you wearing to the charity gala tonight?” Cassie, a member of the senior management team popped her head into my office. I had forgot about the gala actually. It was an event that red bull was putting on and was mandatory to attend. I grimaced.

    “Do I have to go?” I whined. Cassie stepped into my office, she pushed some papers to the side and then took a seat on my desk, crossing her legs in order to be lady-like, as she was wearing a tight pencil skirt.

    “Yes!” she scolded. “Everyone has to go. You’re no exception just because you don’t like dressing up or being sociable.” 

    “I don’t mind dressing up.” I huffed, shuffling my papers “I just don’t want to see people.” I frowned. I filled away the stack of papers I had just finished.

    “You have to face the world sometime T.C. its not just going to go away by you hiding. Besides I don’t think its that big of a deal anyway. So you’re married? Its nothing to be embarrassed about.” she shrugged. It was easy for her to say. She wasn’t in the situation. I glared at the red-head. “Don’t give me that look! You’re going to go out tonight and have a brilliant time. Don’t worry.”

    “Whatever.” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

    “So, you never answered my question. What are you going to wear?” she asked leaning in. she twirled a long strand of hair around her finger.

    “I don’t know.” I sighed “I have like this gray dress that I might wear.” I shrugged.

    “You’re hopeless.” she rolled her eyes “Long, short? Give me more details.”

    “Its short… but it’s a nice dress.. Its like this material… and its like sort of shiny, but not like silk.” I did my best to explain the dress to you, I could see the prissy ginger getting more an more frustrated. “I don’t know! I work on cars for a living Cassie! Give me a break.”

    “Okay,” she sighed grabbing a pin and a stack of brightly color post-it notes “You’re coming over to my apartment as soon as work ends and I’m going to let you wear one of my gowns. The only thing people will be saying about you tonight is how absolutely gorgeous you look.” she stuck a post-it with her address scribbled on it in my hand then gracefully got up from the desk and pranced out. I sighed and she poked her head back into the office giving me a look “And you better come!” she pointed one of her fingers with long French tipped nails at me.

---

    The whole office had shut down at mid-day in preparation for the gala. I was currently standing outside Cassie’s apartment, trying to delay knocking for as long as possible. As, I reached forward to knock, the door swung open. Cassie quickly grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into her living room.

    “What took you so long?” she said faking annoyance.

    “Traffic.” I lied.

    “Whatever.” then it was like a switch flipped and her eyes lit up “Anyway, oh my gosh. I have the perfect dress for you.” she babbled on, dragging my to her bedroom and into her massive walk-in closet. It was full of expensive clothing and one section was all evening gowns. Many even still had tags on. “I haven’t worn it yet. I bought it, but it just isn’t right for me. However, I realized it will look perfect on you.”