Chapter Thirteen: Warnings

T.C.’s POV:

    When I walked into my apartment I was greeted by a stack of mail piled up on my counter. I began to casually flip through the pile, bill, bill, junk mail, news paper. I opened up the news paper and began to flip through it. Finally I got to the sports section and plastered in the middle of the page was a gigantic picture of Daniel pulled Kevin out of his car. I frowned and tossed the paper into the garbage. I know Dan meant well, but sometimes he doesn’t think things through.

    I haven’t spoken with Kevin since the incident. He hasn’t reached out to me and I certainly am not going to try and contact him after all that has happened. I suppose it best we just avoid each other from here on out.

    I heard my phone going off, I franticly dug through my purse trying to find it. Finally I grasped the ringing, vibrating object from the bottom of my bag. I saw the team bosses name displayed on the scream and I cringed. Hopefully he doesn’t read the paper. Although, I know that even if he didn’t he most definitely saw it on one of the hundreds of other media outlets that were certainly running the story. If Eric Boullier hadn’t called Christian himself.

    “Hello?” I answered keeping my voice calm. I went to the fridge to see if I had any wine left.

    “T.C.” Christian didn’t sound happy.

    “Yes sir?” I responded, taking a drink of wine straight from the bottle. Classy.

    “I need to have a word with you about what happened this weekend. Come to my office now.” He said sternly, and I knew I was in trouble.

    “Yes, sir.” I repeated my earlier words and hung up the phone. I looked sadly at the bottle before stowing it back in the fridge. I grabbed my bag and went down to my jeep.

    As I walked down the hall to Christian’s office. I could see the door was open and my stomach began to do nervous flips and my chest tightened up. I didn’t know if this would affect my job. I didn’t even do anything. Sure Kevin was my boyfriend, but I can’t control Dan’s actions. As I neared the office I could see Daniel sitting in a chair. He was still wearing his redbull team shirt, so clearly he hadn’t had time to go home either. Christian was seating at his desk leaning on his elbows. The expression he had made my stomach turn. I stepped into the room. Daniel looked over his shoulder at me and gave a look that said he was sorry. I assume Christian didn’t wait to start talking to Daniel, because Daniel looked broken. Beaten down. I took the seat beside Dan in front of the desk, brushing my hand along his thigh as I sat down, but not meeting the Aussie’s gaze. I kept my eyes in front of me, looking at Christian.

    “Miss Jennings. I’m sure you already have an idea of why you’re here.” Christian said, leaning back in his seat. I simply nodded, unable to find words at the moment. “And I hope you realize how unacceptable this is.”

    “I understand.” I looked down at my hands that were fidgetting with each other in my lap.

    “We’ve had drama within the team between Seb and Mark in the past, and we want to strongly discourage any incidents like that in the future. Within our team or between our team and any other.” Christian spoke calmly and sternly. “Now, I’ve already told Daniel how disappointed I am about his actions. And he has made it clear that he acted on his own and you had no involvement in the event that transpired, but I just want to make it very clear that the two of you are on thin ice and there better not be anymore trouble from either of you. Do you understand?”

    “Completely.” I nodded.

    “Alright. You two are free to go.” Christian waved us off.