Chapter Thirty-Four: Team Vettel

“Felicity won’t stop crying, you’ve got to hold her.” Daniel pleaded as we were getting out of the car.

    “She’s your niece, you need to carry her in. Otherwise people will think she is mine.” I glared at him, not wanting to be put in the middle of another scandal.

    “So what? Let them think that. It’s not the truth.” Daniel shrugged.

    He passed Felicity to me, and she instantly stopped crying as I rocked her gently in my arms. Daniel gave me a knowing look. She did seem to be attached to me, maybe its just because I am a woman. It’s clear that she loves Daniel, but certainly she favors me.

    “Your press officer is going to kill you for all these rumors you are starting.” I rolled my eyes bouncing Felicity up and down, making silly faces at her.

    She has the most beautiful brown eyes, just like Daniel. Her smile and laugh are contagious. Maybe it’s the motherly instinct in me, or the fact that I can’t have a baby of me own, but I love this child more than life itself and I would do anything for her. So luckily for Daniel, this resulted in him getting his way.

    If I thought I had a lot of eyes on me when I entered the paddock before, It was nothing compared the looks I was receiving walking into the paddock with a baby on my hip and a diaper bag slung over the other shoulder. Thankfully Daniel and his press officer were by my sides shielding the baby from most peoples view. The sound of the shutters snapping, flashes and people yelling was overwhelming. Felicity started crying again and I switched her into a cradling potion, pulling her close to my chest.

    “Shhh, it’ll be okay Felicty.” I cooed softly into her ear.

    Once we were in the red bull motor home and shielded from the prying eye of the public I could finally breath again. I knew that this wasn’t going to be easy, but I had no idea how difficult it would actually be. It certainly was going to take some getting used to.

    “Are you okay?” Daniel asked.

    I took a few more deep breathes then nodded.

    “Yeah, I’m okay.”

    Christian walked in a few minutes later. A smile instantly spreading across his face when he saw the baby. He held a small package in his hands wrapped in blue paper with a large red ribbon tied around it. Clearly a present for Felicity.

    “Well, hello miss Felicity. Aren’t you a little beauty?” he smiled at the small child. “Can I hold her?” he looked to Daniel and then to me.

    I passed the child to Christian, who lovingly took Felicity into his arms. Swapping her for the present which I took in both hands. 

    “What is this?” I asked.

    “Open it. Its for the newest member of the red bull team.”

    I unwrapped the box and opened it up. Inside was a blue onsie with the red bull logo on the front. On the back was a number three with “Ricciardo” above it. A giant grin spread across Daniel’s face as I held it up.  He was so proud of this little girl. Honestly this was more of a gift for him than it was for her.

    “This will be so cute on her.” I smiled “Your biggest fan.”

    “Hey! I thought you were my biggest fan.” Daniel pouted.

    “Not a chance. Team Vettel all the way.”  I winked.

    “And on that note I think I’ll get back to the garage.” Christian excused himself, trying to contain a chuckle.