My Angel

Kairi P.O.V.

I was supposed to go home tomorrow but I can't now. I'm staring at the ground. I can't believe this.

My parents came in 20 minutes ago from where the pilot was on our private jet. There's not enough fuel to get us to land. We're going to crash into the ocean. I'm going to die. We have an hour.

"Kairi....." My mom said. I looked up at her. "Call your friends."

I scrambled for my phone and called Haruhi. It rang a few times and she answered.

"Hello?" she said.

"Haruhi." I said and started to cry. "You know you're my best friend. I could have never gotten through these last years without you. I love you. You're like my sister."

"What's going on?" she asked.

"You can't tell Hikaru. I'm going to talk to everyone but I wanted to talk to you first." I said.

"Kairi. What's going on?" she said.

"I'm on the plane. We're going to crash. I only have about an hour." I said. I could hear her crying. "I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me. You're my best friend. I love you. Can you put Kauru on."

"Yeah. I love you too." She sniffled. A minute passed.

"Hello." Kauru said.

"Kauru." I said. "I just wanted you to know how much I care about you. You've helped me with so much. Take care of Hikaru for me. Take care of yourself. You're amazing. You're like my brother. I'm going to miss you so much. But remember I'll always be with you. I love you." I said.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Ask Haruhi. I don't have much time. I need to talk to everyone." I said. A few minutes later someone else was on the phone. Mori.

"Hi Mori." I said. He heard the sadness in my voice.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"You'll have to talk to Haruhi. But I needed you to know that a care about you a lot. You've always been such a good friend to me. I'm so proud of how outgoing you've become. I'm going to miss you. I'll always be in your heart. I love you Mori. Goodbye." I said.

I'm trying not to say too much. I'll cry too much and won't have enough time to talk to everyone.

"Kairi-chan?" Honey asked. Tears streamed down my face.

"Honey-senpai." I said. "Honey I need you to know something. I'm going to be leaving. I can't come back. I want you to know how much I love you. You are like my brother and I love you so much. Never change Honey. You're amazing. And please." I laughed a little. "Eat cake for me when I'm gone. Goodbye Honey."

"Bye-bye Kairi-chan. You'll never be gone though. You'll always be in my heart." He cried. I cried too.

"Kairi. What's wrong?" Tamaki asked.

This is so hard. Saying goodbye to everyone I love.

"Tamaki." I said. "I can't tell you why but I'm not coming back. I need you to know that you are one of my closest friends. I love you. And you have to know that I'll always be with you. No matter what I'm always going to be there. I love you Tamaki."

"Goodbye my princess." He said and more tears poured from my eyes.

"You're not dying." Kyoya said.

"Yes Kyoya. I am." I said.

"No. You're not. I can call people. Eat someone to help." He said.

"No Kyoya. They've tried. No one can help. I'm going to die and I need you to know that I love you. You brought me to the Host Club. Without you my life would not be what is is today. I owe you everything." I said.

"Kairi." he said. I could hear him crying. He never cried.

"Kyoya. Take care of Haruhi and everyone else. I'm going to miss you so much. Thank you for all you have given me." I cried. "Goodbye Shadow King."

"Goodbye Kairi." He said.

"Kairi." Haruhi said.

"Haruhi. Before you get Hikaru. I need you to do something for me. Make sure everyone knows that I'm going to a better place. I'll always be with all of you. And I'm going to miss you all and I love all of you." I said to her.

"Goodbye Kairi." She cried and there was a silence.

"Hello?" Hikaru asked.

"Hikaru?" I asked. "It's you right?"

"Yeah it's me." He said. I started crying.

"What's going on, Kairi?" He asked.

"Hikaru. I love you. More than anything. You are the best thingy has ever happened to me and the only boy I'll ever love. I'm going to miss you most of all." I said.

"Kairi you're freaking me out." He said.

"Hikaru. Without you my life would suck. I love you so so much." I cried.

"What's happening?" he asked.

"Hikaru I'm on my plane. We're going to crash. I'm not going to make it home." I said.

"No. No. No. Kairi please." He said.

"Hikaru I love you. You need to know I love you. I don't have much time left." I said. I could hear him crying. "I love you. Remember I'm not really gone. I'll be going someplace better. But it will actually be worse because I won't have you. But I'll always be with you. Always." I said.

Hikaru P.O.V.

"Kairi no!" I yelled.

"Hikaru I'm going to die. I can't stop that. I needed to tell you I loved you before I went." She said.

"I love you my angel." I said. I heard her scream. "Kairi!" I yelled.

"Hikaru I love you!" she yelled.

"I love you too!" I yelled.

The line went dead. I dropped to my knees crying. She's gone. She's gone. Kairi. The love of my life. Gone. Forever.

I heard the rest of my friends come in. They all sat on the ground with me.

"She's gone." I whispered.

They started crying and we all just sat there together. Crying over my angel.

My angel is now really an angel. And I know she'll always watch over me. And one day I'll be with her again. One day.

I love you, my angel. I love you with all my heart. I prayed to the heavens.

And maybe it's just my imagination but I thought I could hear her too. Saying, I love you too. And I'll see you again one day.

One day, Kairi. I love you. I love you so much.