Do You Know?

Kauru P.O.V.

She picked up a picture of me and Hikaru. She laughed at it.

"Such a silly game." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"This game......" She stopped. "I remember this game!"

I stared at her. Come on Kairi. You can do it. She stood up and walked over to me slowly. She stared up at me for a while. Something sparked in her eyes.

"Kauru." She said. I smiled.

She hugged me. When she backed away she looked like she was trying to figure something out.

"You... You have a brother." She said.

She just stopped for a minute. Then she looked up like she had just had the realization of her life. Her eyes were wide and had happiness surging in them.

"Hikaru!" she screamed and bolted out the door.

Hikaru P.O.V.

I sat in the garden and stared up at the clouds. Kauru had told me Kairi remembers most of everyone. Just not us.

I miss her. I can't stand her not remembering me. It's not as bad as when she ignored me but it still hurts.

It hurts to put on a smile and act happy when the girl I love has no idea who I am. Or how she knows me. How we fell in love.

Why did this happen? Why does she have to forget? Is she meant to forget all about me? I don't understand. I stood up slowly. I sighed as I brushed some grass off my uniform.

I turned and saw a girl standing a few feet away from me. She just stared at me. I turned my head slightly to the side in confusion. Why is she just staring?

"Do you know Hikaru Hitachiin?" she asked. I didn't answer. I just stared at her. Confused.

"Hikaru Hitachiin." She said with a smile. "He's the twin brother of Kauru Hitachiin. He's a mischievous boy who has a bit of a temper. He is extremely good looking if I might add. He is smart, funny, sweet, kind, caring. And he's just amazing."

I smiled at her as she went on.

"He is the most amazing person I've ever met. He's just an amazing human being. And he's my best friend. I can't live without him. I can't imagine a life without him." She said and smiled.

"But most of all...... Hikaru Hitachiin." She took a step forward.

"Most of all... You are the one I love." She said. "The one I've loved from day one. Since the first time I laid my eyes on you. From the first time we talked. The first time you smiled. You're the one I'll love until the day I die. And if there is a life after that, I'll love you then."

"Kairi." Was all I could get out. I could feel the tears filling my eyes.

"Hikaru. I love you. And you need to know that. I love your eyes. Your smile. Your laugh. Your comments. The little things you do. When you call me, just to say you love me. When you come all the way to my house in the middle of the night, because I can't sleep. Your cleverness. Your evil side. I even love your temper. I love everything about you." She said and walked closer.

"And if you ever think that I don't love you.... You're an idiot." She said. I laughed a little.

"But you're mine." She said. She was now right in front of me.

"And you're my angel." I said.

She hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and just held her for a while. Seemed like 15-20 minutes. I pulled away and looked down at her.

"What did I tell you about leaving me?" I said.

"You never said anything about leaving. You said I couldn't ignore you." She said.

"You really do remember." I said.

She quickly pulled me down and kissed me. I was surprised at first then I kissed her back. She giggled.

"What's so funny?" I asked. She looked up at me with her big violet eyes.

"I don't know." She giggled.

"I missed you." I said when she stopped giggling. She smiled.

"I'm sorry I forgot my life." She laughed.

"Yeah....... Can you not get put in a hospital for a while?" I said.

"I promise to be careful." She said and kissed my cheek.

I hugged her again. It's nice to have my angel back in my arms. I'm so happy she remembers me again.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Know what?" she asked.

"Know me." I said.

"Oh! Well Kauru brought in a box of pictures I had taken. I found one of the two of you. I recognized Kauru then everything came back to me at once." She said. "Then I knew I had to find you and I ran out and found myself here."

"I'm glad you found me." I said.

"Me too." She said. "It took me a minute to remember where Kauru said you were. But then I had to go running through the garden to find you."

"Did you really not know where I would be?" I asked.

"Actually, once I got to the garden I thought, 'where would he go?' I ended up here." She said and looked around. "Where you told me you loved me."

"I do love you Kairi." I said.

"I know." She smiled. "I love you too."