Chap 20

On our way home from the overnight practice, I went home alone without Nishinoya. Things were awkward after Asahi accidentally spilled how he felt about me. Even during dinner that night, Noya chose not to get food from my stall.

"N-noya-kun, you should taste this one!" I offered as he passed by.

"I-it's okay (f-n)—(l/n)-san! I-I'm not in the mood for that meal!" He laughs, extremely different to how he usually laughs.

"S-so I'll just get from Kiyoko-san's!" He then rushed his tray to Shimizu's stall.

'Now that I think about it, he was really awkward when we finished practice too...' I thought as I walked aimlessly towards my home.

"N-nice work, Noya-kun!" I greeted him and offered him a towel and an energy drink. He laughs loudly and thanks me quickly, then he went to Tanaka to borrow his towel and his drink.

"Noya-saaan! That's mine!!" Noya laughs at his friend but took his towel and drink nonetheless.

'AHHH!! He knows that I know!' I kicked the lightpost in frustration only to hurt myself after.

"Owww...." I knelt down to apply pressure to my aching foot, then I felt tears form on my eyes.

"Oh!" I heard from the alleyway beside me.

"You! That jersey! You're from Karasuno." I heard an extremely tall shadow talk.

"W-who are you!?" I nervously called out to the talking shadow.

Once he was out of the shadows, one more appeared behind him. They were both wearing casual attire, but one of them had an athlete's jersey on.

"We're from Nekoma, we'll be facing each other tomorrow. But first we need to eat dinner!" The tall black-haired guy explained.

'T-they're tall!!!' I shook intimidated by their height. The smaller member approached me instead saying that Kuroo was scaring me.

"Sorry about that, we just wanted to know where a good place to play games would be." I felt myself calm down because of talking to someone who was near my eye level.

"Oh... that would be *insert random location*. But I thought you guys wanted to eat?"

"Oh yes, but you see one of our members got lost. We asumed he probably went off to play games." He scratched the back of his head and smiled lightly.

'He's similar to Suga-san in a way. But he's shorter...' I didn't notice that I was staring until his teammate Kuroo mentioned "Ehhhh~ romance between rivaling teams~" the smaller member looked at me then at Kuroo. He laughed at this.

"It's way too early to call it that Kuroo. Maybe friends first?" He offered his hand as he smiled at me. I shook his hand when suddenly Noya ran directly in front of me and the guys of Nekoma. He looked like a dog protecting it's food bowl.

He had his arms spread wide, he legs spread apart as he formed a blockade that switched from the tall guy and the black guy.

"Nishinoya?" I called him out and he looked at me then looked back at the guys.

"Who are you ha?!" He talked to them as if he was a gangster despite his lack in height. Then Tanaka appeared as well "What'cha doin' to our manager haaaaaa?!" The both looked like yakuza members.

"G-guys!! They're Nekoma." I tried to explain behind them but they still continued glaring. The Kuroo guy glared back but the other guy was tugging on his friend.

"We just wanted to know where our other friend is." The smaller male smiled at Tanaka and Nishinoya who was still glaring at them. Kuroo also smiled at them but his smile felt rather evil.

"A-anyway, see you at the practice match, Karasuno girl!" The shorter male said as he waved whil dragging his friend away.

"Tch" both Noya and Tanaka said.

Nishinoya's p.o.v. that night

"Come on Ryu! I wanna crash at your place." I called out to my friend after my awkward farewell with (l/n).

Ryuu said good bye to our other teammates who had decided to go a different path this time.

"So what's up, Noya-san? You've been avoiding (l/n)-san since you know she knew." I looked down at my feet as we walked. Hands are in my pocket, not even in the mood for talking.

"I don't know what to do, Ryuu. It's like I'm back to being nervous around her, like how nervous I am with other girls." I sadly clung to my friend dramatically. I then started fake crying and shaking his whole body.

"N-Noya-saaaan!! Staaaaaap!!!" I laughed and stopped shaking Ryuu.

"You better be glad you're down. That's the only reason I'm not fighting back." He smirks and stands proudly.

"So... what do you think I should do?" I lifted my hands from my pocket to the back of my head.

"Hey, you're going with her early morning before the practice match right?" I hummed in response. "Then you can tell her yourself about what you feel."

I nearly choked. "A confession right in the middle of getting her phone fixed?!"

"Nononoooo!! You have to be mindful of the moment! Like in action movies! The main character doesn't randomly swoops in a damsel in distress, he saves her at the end of the movie then the happily ever after starts!" My eyes sparkle at his clear explanation. I nod my head furiously.

"I SEE RYU!! I see I see!" As I was talking Ryuu suddenly put on his yakuza face to the distance in front of us. I look where he was looking and I did the face as well.