Chapter seven

Hey my little psychopaths! I'm back! I have more chapters for you! I'm getting really excited for this book and I'm really happy at how many people like it. It's already gotten 1K reads! With that being said, I want to thank you lovely people! You're awesome! Anyways, on with the chapter!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know me better than anyone and you are more important to me than anyone ~Arrow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Percy

Percy ran as fast as he could, not caring about the campers who stopped and stared at him or the people who stopped to say hello. He only cared about getting to Nico, that was his top priority. He didn't see the shock on people's faces as he shot past them. Nico. That's all that he knew to think of. He replayed Jason's words in his head. 'If you are going to help Nico survive, you have to focus on him a lot more than your love life.' Those words had become drilled into his head. He knew that Annabeth just wanted to be with him, as she was his girlfriend, but he had the obligation to help Nico and he had to honor that, no matter if he had a girlfriend or not. He finally reached the Hades cabin and banged on the door rapidly.
"Go away, Jason. I told you I didn't want to talk to anyone right now!" He heard Nico's voice, yet it wasn't Nico's voice. It was a voice of someone who was tired and heartbroken, and that just made Percy feel worse.
"It's not Jason. It's me, Percy." He tried to stop his voice from trembling as he spoke, out of anxiety and guilt. The cabin was silent for a few minutes before Percy heard shuffling. he could hear Nico holding on to things to guide him to the door, and the lock click. The door creaked open and Percy pushed it. It swung open with a dull rusty creak, and Percy stepped into the dark cabin. The first thing he noticed were the tissues. Thousands of them were scattered across the floor, on the other bunks, on the dresser, desk, chairs, and some were stuffed in the trash can that stood near Nico's bed. Percy could tell that Nico had no clue where they landed when he threw them. Percy gulped as he realized how much pain Nico must have felt. Then, he saw Nico, and that was his breaking point. Nico's eyes were bloodshot, puffy, and red. His skin paler than usually and he looked gaunt, the look of someone who hadn't slept or eaten in days, although it had only been a day. Percy rushed over to Nico and sat down next to him on his bed, putting his arm around Nico's shoulder and pulling him into his side. Nico coughed feebly.
"What are you doing here? Why aren't you with A-Annabeth?" Nico stuttered while looking at the ground without actually seeing it.
"I realized how I promised you that I'd help you and I forgot it. I need to make that up."
Nico frowned.
"How do I know you won't just go off with A-Annabeth again?" Nico stared at Percy for the first time since Percy had come. His eyes blank and unseeing. They kind of unnerved Percy. Percy frowned at Nico.
"Nico, you are the only person that knows all of me. You know that once I promise something, I try my hardest to fulfill it. Even if I forget it, I try to make up for forgetting. You know me better than even Annabeth does. You are more important to me than anything. Yes, even Annabeth. You need me. And I will not forget that anymore. I promise with all my heart. I WILL help you train and I WILL help you so you can survive, even if I have to sacrifice myself for your survival."
Nico stared at Percy, well, sort of to the side of Percy, tears in his cloudy eyes. Percy couldn't help but hold back his own tears and bit his lip to stop them from escaping.
"You really meant that?" Nico asked in a feeble voice.
Percy nodded, forgetting for a minute that Nico was blind until Nico spoke again.
"Percy? Do you mean it?" Percy smacked himself on the back of his head in his mind.
"Yeah, Neeks. I mean it." Nico smiled slightly, before his eyes drooped and his head rested on Percy's shoulder.
"Thanks, Perce. I believe you. You're important to me too." Nico whispered the last part as he drifted off to sleep. Percy laid Nico on the bed and looked at the clock. He realized it was too late to go back to his cabin, if he didn't want to risk getting eaten by patrol harpies. So he slid onto the bunk across from Nico's and fell to sleep in the darkness.