Chapter six

Hello people! I am so sorry for not updating in so long. I've started school two weeks ago and I am loaded with homework, being a sophomore. I actually have already fallen behind in biology... And have no idea what I'm doing in English or world history... I'm screwed to hell... Though I'm already really good at reading so l'll be fine. Anyways, I made this chapter at about 12:30 at night so I'll edit it later when I'm not almost dead. On a happy note, my birthday is in a couple weeks! Yay! I got the fault in our stars DVD and let's just say, I'm scared to open it... Prepare for lots of me sobbing in writing... Let's just say, I'm not okay... Anyways, on with the chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Actions speak louder than words. We can apologize over and over again, but if our actions don't change, the words become meaningless
~anonymous
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Percy

Percy walked around the beach, hand in hand with Annabeth. He listened to her mindless chatter, not really paying attention. He stared out at the sea, his mind clouded with thoughts.
"Percy, are you even listening to me?" Annabeth's voice broke through his cloud of thoughts and he turned his head to look at her. She looked annoyed.
"Sorry, wise girl. What's up again?"
Annabeth sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes.
"I said, Olympus needs rebuilding again, after the war, it kind of got smashed up a bit. So the gods asked me to rebuild it! Can you believe it?! I thought the first time was a one time thing! I'm so excited!" Annabeth's voice sounded distant, as Percy went back to his jumbled thoughts.
"Yeah, that's great, Annie. Good job." He mumbled, not really knowing what he said.
Annabeth kept babbling on, and Percy's thoughts kept him distracted. Percy looked over at Annabeth as she tapped his shoulder.
"Percy, I have to supervise some cabin repairs, so I have to go. See you at dinner." She leaned up on her toes and kissed him softly. Percy barely realized it happened, because he was so caught up in his thoughts. His main thought was that the kiss wasn't as exciting for him as they used to be. He watched as Annabeth ran down the beach, before he turned and started towards his cabin. He keeps feeling that he forgot something, but couldn't remember what. He knows it has something to do with Nico, but he can't remember what it is. He shook his head to clear it as he reached his cabin. His cabin was one of the places at camp he loved the most. It was beautiful and reminded him of the sea. Of course, because it's Poseidon's cabin.
He reached for the doorknob and turned it, opening the door. What he wasn't expecting was to see a very pissed off Jason Grace standing in the middle of the cabin with his arms crossed, glaring at Percy with an almost deranged angry glint. Percy looked at him in confusion.
"Um, Jason, not that I'm not glad to see you, but what are you doing in my cabin?" Percy asked, a little tense under Jason's glare.
"Don't give me that crap. You know why I'm here." Jason said, his voice bordering on psychotic fury.
"Um... No. No I don't."
Jason's anger seemed to escalate at those words.
"You seriously don't remember?! Gods, Percy, you are such a bastard, you know that?" He shouted.
Percy was startled. Why was Jason calling him a bastard?
"What in Hades are you talking about?" Percy's mind was bouncing around a mile a minute.
"You remember what you promise Nico? You promised to help him train today. But then Annabeth had to ask you to hang out and of course you went with her. Do you know how devastated Nico was that you went back on your promise? He stopped eating and talking to anyone. He barely talked to me all day. He trusted you and you broke that trust."
Percy gasped as he remembered the promise he made. His stomach lurched unpleasantly as he realized he had forgotten. He had forgotten a promise to someone who trusted him.
"Oh god... What have I done?" He whispered, feeling like he couldn't breathe. Nico was the one person he trusted with his life and his soul. He didn't trust anyone else because no one was as close to Percy as Nico was now. Not even Annabeth. Annabeth only knew half his secrets, while Nico knew them all. Percy realized that he may have lost the only person he really trusted.
"Yeah. Look what you did." Jason said in a voice that showed he thought Percy was stupid.
"I need to find him and apologize!" Percy turned around to run out of the cabin, but Jason has grabbed him by the shoulder.
"Don't just apologize. You have to show him that he can trust you again. Apologies don't work if your actions don't change. If you are going to help Nico survive, you have to focus on him a lot more than your love life. He needs you."
Percy took in Jason's words before he nodded frantically and turned around and ran straight through the door. He had to find Nico and tell him he's going to give all his time now into training him. He'll show Nico that he is in this for the long run.