Manik chuckled at her following her out. It took them another hour to get their luggage after which they moved out to find a chauffer waiting to take them to the hotel. The two of them got into the car as Nandini looked out of the window, remembering how this city had been her home for the 7 years.

Manik: What are u looking at?

Nandini: Nothing... Just thinking how much things have changed since the last time I was here. Exactly one year back, this place was my Home but then I never knew the real meaning of having a home until recently.

She whispered the last line to herself but Manik still heard it, he knew the phone call from her mother was still disturbing her and all he wanted was to make her forget it.

Manik: So... When and where is this event of urs?

Nandini: I really don't know yet. Ronnie was quite vague about the details she just mentioned the date, and its day after tmrw. I didn't really talk to her much, I guess we'll get the details when we meet all of them. She said they'll come to the hotel tmrw.

Manik: Hmn... So, who all am I meeting? U never really mention ur friends or how ur life was back here...
Manik asked, curiosity sweeping in his words as he looked at her expectantly.

Nandini: I never do bcoz there is not much to tell. I was exactly the same over here as I was during my early days in Mumbai, silent, aloof. As Aliya had mentioned to u guys, I as the female lead in our university's band. Will or william was another singer with me. He was a nice, calm person who somehow didn't like the fact that I tried to be alone and away from everyone else. He somehow convinced me to meet his friends and well, to say the least they were all quite welcoming and soon I was a part of them.

They were 5 of them, Ronnie, her brother Will, Elliot, his girlfriend becca, Kyle.... And then there came me. They always treated me as one of them, but I guess i never tried hard enough. I would try my best to spend the lunch hours in the library, always deny their plans after college, and so on.

Manik: The same as u were with Fab5 earlier.

Nandini: Exactly... I don't know why, but I never let anyone be close to me.

Manik: Until Me..

Nandini smiled at his words nodding,
Nandini: Right... Until u! U taught me what friendship is. And now when I think back, I guess these people here, they always tried to be my friend but it was me who never took a step towards them. Even now I don't really know what they are expecting out of me, I never even tried to contact them after moving to India and now I m here...

Manik: Well, they sound nice... And maybe this is ur chance to finally take that necessary step and be a friend to them.

Nandini heard his words as she turned back towards the window, looking out at the various lights twinkling in the night sky.
Nandini: Maybe....
------------------------------

Later that night, soon after checking into the hotel, MaNan had a light dinner and decided to call it a day and rest. Sleep took over to them almost instantly only for Nandini to wake up within 4 hours. She turned to her side, to find Manik deep in his sleep, clutching his pillow tight. Looking at the time, she noticed it to be just 4:30 am and sleep seemed far away from her.

The jet lag was taking a toll on her, playing with her sleeping schedule. She got up from the bed, trying not to disturb Manik and moved out of the room towards the living area of their suite.

Nyonika had booked them an amazing Honeymoon suite, it had an amazing living area consisting of large couches in front of a TV with the view of the London sky behind them. The living area lead them to the room which had a king sized bed waiting for them along with a walk in closet and an amazing glass bathroom with an enormous hot tub. Yeah the bathroom didn't have any special partition except for the glass wall but she very well knew the extremely romantic head of her Mother in Law. She couldn't be more thankful for the extra washroom in the living room.