Chapter 6 - Missing Books and People Who Seem Out Of It

I might do multiple short chapters now since they are easier to write and I can update more. (Probably). :D

Clary's P.O.V

"MOMMMMMM!!! HAVE YOU SEEN MY BOOK!" I screamed aloud as I packed my bag for school.

"Which one, sweetie?"

"The one on mythological beasts and stuff."

"Is it in the living room?"

"I dunno. I'll check."

I went through the pile of books stacked on the counter in our 'living room' (*cough* *cough* more like the extra area of space that isn't the bedroom, seriously it's like the size of a bathroom stall. Jeez).

Living and Designs

Living and Designs for Novices

Living and Designs for Beginner

Living and Designs for Idiots

Living and Designs for Dummies

Home and Housewares

Guide to the World of Mythology and Greatness

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Oh here it is."

I was about to leave when I noticed a scratch on the end of the book. It was cut very faintly and left the smallest imprint on the back page. The cut itself was strange since the place where it was marked turned into a dark shade of violet.

I was about to investigate more but I suddenly remembered that I had to go to school.

I grabbed my bag and left the door, but not before I said goodbye to my mother.

I left the house casually and even though it might have been the trick of the light, I swore I saw the same cut mark on the front door.

Jace P.O.V

"Oui, Alec. I didn't catch you last night, where were you?"

"Just out."

I stared at him.

He looked really out of it.

"Alec, you alright? You seem pretty dazed."

"Nah, seriously Jace. I'm fine. Well, there goes the bell. Got to go."

Alec rushed away from the lockers and towards the classes.

The bell didn't even go yet. What's his problem?

I scanned my eyes across the room and caught sight of that girl from yesterday.

"Hey."

Clary's P.O.V

I entered the school ground and went into my class. I chose a sit right at the back because to be honest I wasn't in that great of a mood. I saw Jace with another girl!

I'm so mad right now.

But then again we never even really talked...

He never actually said much.....

But I thought.....

We had a connection or something.....

Sigh. He's wayy outta my league.

And then there's Alec.....

(*daydream*)

A/N I know my story isn't the best (soooo far away) but I want to thank my readers for, well, reading :). If you like it then thank you very much. I appreciate it. 💕