Chapter 11 - Singing in the Shower and Violet Marks

- Clary's POV -

"Standing in the eye of the storm,
My eyes start to roam
To the curl of your lips
In the center of eclipse
In total darkness I, I ... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE JACE!!!"

I quickly covered myself with my towel and slammed the window shut.

"You have a lovely singing voice Clary." I heard him say from outside the bathroom window.

I quickly scrambled around putting my clothes on and I waltzed to the front door. I was mad at him but still, I couldn't help but be a little thrilled that he might be here to see me.

I unlocked my door and swung it open ferociously, trying to kid myself (and him) that I was mad.

"Why are you at my house and why do you know where I live?" I whispered in case my neighbours filed a complaint form.

Jace grinned as if he just finished a triathlon, except less sweaty looking.

"I was out on an early morning stroll and I happened to come across an angelic voice coming from this direction. What a coincidence that the voice belonged to you!"

I crossed my arms because I didn't really believe him. I was happy to see him but I was wary of his story.

"Well, how did you know it was me then?"

"I heard you scream my name and realised that the mysterious singing girl must be that redhead I met the other day. Clary."

I crinkled my eyebrows at him. At least he didn't SEE me in the shower.

"Right." I still didn't know why he was here but I felt a tiny bit more at ease.

"May I come in? It's a little chilly out here."

"Umm... Sure."

"Thanks." He strolled into my house and suddenly I felt really conscious about the bare state of my house walls.

"I like these pictures. Is your family an art collector?"

"Oh no, my mom's an artist. She paints on request but occasionally paints things she finds fascinating."

I checked my phone for the time 7:30.

"I need to get ready for school, you can stay here and umm.. watch the TV or something. The remotes over there."

I head on to my room with my inner voice ringing much too loudly in my head.

A boy is in the house. A Jace is in the house.

- Jace POV -

I heard her angelic voice and I wandered towards it, without realising she was in the shower. But as a true gentleman, I stood 10 ft (a little more than 9 metres) away.

• • •

She left the room to get ready for school and I let out a deeply relieved breath.

Why didn't I plan anything out. I had no idea why I wanted to come here but I wanted to. I needed to.

I wanted to see her again. The way she slightly turns her head when she thinks or the way she always seems so deep in thought when you look at her.

I felt so unlike myself. So.... So uncool? So uncollected? I needed to leave and clear my head but I didn't want to. I wanted to stay and look upon her face another time.

I thought it would be for the best now that I had already calmed my urges a little go leave before I had another impulse to caress her cheek or something.

I was about to call out to Clary and tell her that I was gonna go to school early when I saw a book with the edges torn off.

I have a keen eye for these sort of things.

I examined it in my hand and suddenly I feel extremely uneasy.

I put the book back in its place and wiped the sweat away from my hands.

I was about to leave but...

On second thoughts, I think I'll stay.

A/N
Hi again everyone. I want to thank you all so much for reading and putting up with my lousy writing and terrible updating skills. Thank you. ✏✏✏

And also WOOOHH HOO extra long chapter to make up (try to make up for my wayyyy too long absence). Sorry.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. 💓