Chapter 16 - Emotional Outburst

- Clary's POV -

I give Simon a giant hug and I'm still stunned.

"Miss me?" Simon says meekly.

"Of course you idiot."

Simon smiles and I laugh.

My smile dims as I remember Alex's dire situation so I quickly run over to his side.

"What happened?" I ask Jace and Isabelle.

"He got knocked out by an infectious scratch by some of the slime from that demons claw."

"A demon?"

"Yes. A demon." Says Isabelle.

"Oh...?"

"I forgot how stupid mundanes were." Mutters Isabelle.

As we all (Simon, Jace, Isabelle and my mom) ran to an unknown area following Jace who was carrying Alec.

Isabelle explained their absurd world to me and honestly I didn't believe them until I remembered those weapons they used and that green creature and I just believed them.

My mom ran next to me, speechless but the words were written so clearly over her face, that it was all true.

My mom suddenly launched into the story of how she met my father and how it all went down from there.

~~

Eventually, we reached a place called the "Institute" as they called it and they placed Alec in the infirmary.

A middle aged man came up to us and started telling us off for being inside the Institute but we ignored him because we were all too concerned for Alec.

They asked a warlock, I think his name was Magnus, to help heal Alec faster.

Simon eventually pulled me over to the side, looking kind of mad.

"Why do you keep looking at him?!"

"Because he's injured." I say, confused.

"No not the black haired eye, that blonde dude!"

"Am I looking at him?"

"YES!"

"Well, sorry. Why do you care. I haven't seen you in half a year and all you can talk about is a new guy that you only just met today?!"

"You don't understand, Clary. There are so many things I want to tell you but..."

"But?"

"Ugh! Never mind it's okay, forget I ever bought it up." Simon shakes his head and heads for the door.

"Wait, Simon!"

But Simon had already left the room.

- Jace's POV -

I'm so worried about Alec but Clary is finally safe. She got dragged out of the room by that friend of hers...

They've been gone for a while, I think I'll go and check it out.

You know, to ensure there isn't any funny business.

- Simon's POV -

I pace in circles, nervous.

I love her, why can't she understand that.

I know I am in the wrong so I guess I better go back into the hallway where I left her to apologise.

I go back into the hallway where Clary was.

"Clary... I'm sorry I over reacted, I was just in shock from seeing you after so long and I guess it made me irrational. I'm sorry."

Clary nods her head and blinks away tears that I know we're forming in her eyes.

"I understand. But why do you care so much about him?"

I lean into Clary for a hug and affectionately say, "You stupid girl, it's because I love you."

At then, blonde boy decides to walk into the hallway.

Hurray.