Chapter 15

Mae's POV:

"I really like this color on you." The designer says.

"Thank you so much!"

I love this dress so much. It compliments my body really well.

I finish the fitting and drive home. Once I walk inside I smell lunch that I'm guessing Mena cooked. I love when Mena cooks, he's so good at cooking.

I walk into the kitchen and see candles lit with a place set up for me.

"Hey babe!" Mena says from behind me.

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Well I wanted to do something special for my special girl."

I smile and sit down at the table. We eat and talk about the dress fitting. I'm so excited for Mena to see the dress.

We clean up after lunch and Mena grabs my hand and leads me to the living room. The lights are on the dim setting, so it's fairly dark in here.

There are candles lit all around. It's honestly so romantic in here.

"Here I bought these for you." He says handing me a bouquet of white roses, my favorite.

"Aw thanks babe, why are you doing all of this?"

"Because I love you." He says pulling me close.

He starts playing our song, I get to love you by Ruelle. This song always reminds me of the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

*Flashback*

"I'd love to be your girlfriend."

After a little while we left to go back to his house.

On the way home one of my favorite songs came on. I started singing it to myself quietly.

"You know this song?" Mena asks me.

"Yeah, I love it." I say laughing to myself.

"Me too. It reminds me of you." He says smiling at me and grabbing my hand.

*End of flashback*

Ever since that day, it's been our song. Mena and I start to slow dance. I lay my head on Mena's shoulder.

"I love you Mae."

"I love you too Mena."

After the song ends, Mena grabs my chin and faces me so that I'm looking at him.

"You're so beautiful, I'm so lucky that I get to love you. You're literally the most perfect girl ever."

I didn't want to, but at this point I couldn't help but start crying.

"Mena I love you so much." I say kissing him.

He truly was the best thing to ever happen to me.

After a few hours of us cuddling and talking on the couch we decided to go to bed because we had a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

*Time skip to morning*

I wake up to Mena's lips against my cheek.

"Princess you have to get up, we need to get a lot done before tonight."

I groan and roll over.

"5 more minutes." I say.

"Nope, now." Mena says picking me up in his arms.

"Nooo put me down." I say laughing.

He puts me down and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I can't want to see your dress later."

"You're going to love it!" I say getting excited.

He gives me a quick peck on the lips then tells me to get ready to go get my makeup and hair done.

I go into the bathroom and brush me teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I get dressed then go into the kitchen. I grab a banana and my car keys.

"I'll see you later babe!" I yell upstairs.

I walk out to my car and drive to the place I'm getting my hair done.

"Hi I have an appointment for 10, my name is Mae Sanders."

"Yes! Our stylist Katharine will be out to help you in a minute."

"Ok thank you!" I say and sit down.

And a few minutes later out walks Katharine. What are the odds that my ex-best friend, the girl who my fiancé cheated with, would be the person to do my hair today.

a/n: thank you so much for reading!! tbh i love this chapter! anyways don't forget to like and comment!! love y'all!