Chapter 7

Mae's POV:

"Mae will you marry me?"

My mind went blank.

"Yes." I find myself saying.

I mean of course I want to marry him, we've been together for 2 years now. He slides the ring on my finger. After about another hour or so of talking I drive back home.

"Hey!" Kat says as I walk through the door.
"Oh my gosh Kat, Dylan proposed to me. I'm engaged!"
"Are you serious?!" she says running towards me.

I show her the gorgeous ring on my finger.

"Oh my goodness, my best friend is getting married!" She says all excited.

We talk until around midnight before we both decide it's time to go to bed.

*Time skip to morning*

I wake up and get ready for work. I'm already running late so I run downstairs and drive to Starbucks. I run inside and wait in line. As i'm waiting, I feel someone wrap their arms around me from my back.

I turn around and see that smile I love so much.

"Hey Mae!" Mena says smiling down at me. "I saw you when I came in and decided I'd surprise you."
"Hey Mena!" I say smiling back at him. I swear his smile is contagious.

Mena then grabs my hand but obviously feels the ring and looks down at my hand. He looks back at me with his eyes wide.

"Did you guys get engaged?" He asks me.
"Yeah! It happened last night." I say smiling at him.

Mena's POV:

She has the biggest smile are her face. I'm happy for her I really am, but I just wish it was with me and not that dick.

She and I both order our drinks then go wait for them to call our names.

"So I know it happened yesterday, but do you guys have any plans for the wedding yet?"

"Not yet." she says.

Just then both of our phones buzzed.

"Sorry for the short notice but we don't need Mena for any scenes we're shooting today." the text read.

"Well that's convenient." Mae says.

I laugh and then get an idea.

"Hey what if me and you hung out today."
"Yeah I'd really like that!" she says.

Then she gets a phone call.

"Hello?" she says. "Um actually I don't have work today. I was on planning on hanging out with Mena though."

My guess is she's talking to her over protective boyfriend. Oh i'm sorry fiancé.

"I'll ask him." she says.
"Hey do you mind if Dylan hangs with us today?" she asks me.

I knew it.

"Ok that's fine!" I say trying to be as positive as possible.
"He said yes. Ok see you then!"

She hangs up then looks at me.

"How about you and I drive back to my apartment and then I leave my car there and we can just drive together." She says.
"Ok!"

We both get up and then drive to her apartment.

Mae's POV:

We get to my apartment and then I hope into his car.

"So where are we going?" he asks.
"Um how about we go to Chick-Fil-A? I've been really craving it for some reason." I say laughing.
"Sounds good to me." He says smiling.

I text Dylan while we're on our way there to tell him where we were. Then we pull up to Chick-Fil-A.

We get out and order inside. After we get our food we sit down. Mena and I talk for a bit then Dylan shows up.

"Hey babe!" Dylan says and then kisses me.
"Hi!"

Dylan sits beside me and then sort of glares at Mena.

"I'm Mena! I don't think we've officially met." Mena says reaching out his hand for Dylan to shake.
"Dylan." he says back shaking his hand.

After a while of awkward talking Dylan asked to talk to me privately. We walk over to the soda machine.

"I don't like him." Dylan says.
"What the heck? He's the sweetest, how could you not like him?" I say.
"Yeah and he flirts with you nonstop. I want to go."
"He drove me here." I say.
"I'll drive you home."
"No I want to ride with him."
"Of course you do. I'm leaving." Dylan says and then leaves.

I walk back over to the table.

"Dylan had to go."
"Oh ok. That's fine!" He says flashing a smile.

We talk for a few more hours and it's already 6 pm. We decide to leave and he starts driving me back to my apartment. When we get back he walks me up to my apartment.

"I had a lot of fun today Mae! We should do this more often" he says then gives me a hug.
"I agree!" I say then walk into my apartment.

All the lights were off so I assumed Kat wasn't home. I walk towards her room and walk in.

"Kat you here?" I say opening the door.

When I open the door I'm faced with the worst sight, my fiancé cheating on me with my best friend.

a/n: wow guys 1k reads and it hasn't even been a week! thank you so much!! how are y'all liking the story so far? also if i made a mena fan account on instagram would y'all follow? don't forget to vote and comment! thanks for reading!