Chapter 28

Violet and Simon lead me to the living room. I saw a brown headed woman sitting on the comfy red couch while she sips her cup of hot tea. She noticed my presence and placed her cup of tea down immediately. Her eyes went bright with bundle of joy as she saw me.

She flashed me a smile and stood up from the red couch and immediately hugged me. The wounds stinged when she touched me, it triggered me that i pushed her away automatically. She frowned. She looked at me and was about to apologize when she arched her eyebrows and looked furious all of a sudden.

"(y/n) what happened?" She asked with concern "I-its nothing...i had a little accident" i lied as i covered it with a smile and chuckle. I couldn't tell her what really happened. What i actually witnessed. It was hard for me to tell such a violent thing.

Emily was like a sister to me. And seeing her getting furious and hurt can damage me, and who knows what Leo could do to her when she did try to take revenge. Leo is capable of everything. I believe that now.

Emily looked at Simon and Violet that was standing behind me like a statue. They were so quiet and still that i forgot that they were still in presence behind me. "Is that true?" Emily asked. I turned to look at the both of the siblings, in hope that they wouldn't tell the truth to her.

"Yes, yes it is." Simon answered with a genuine smile. "She fell on the stairs and got a lot of injury since one of the maids had dropped the pile of plates when madame (y/n) fell." Violet lied as she explained in as detailed as she can get.

"Oh, i see. You must have been hurt (y/n). Are you alright?" She asked me as she made me sit down at the couch across from her. "I'm fine Em, thanks for asking. But why are you here?" I asked in wonder. She showed up so unexpectedly, its like she had the idea to come here in thin air.

Which actually might be the case. Really.
"I wanted to see you. Its been a year since i last saw you, and it made me worry since you haven't been answering none of my messages nor calls." She sigh.

I felt guilty of what she said. I felt like i'm a bad friend unexpectedly. But i know that i shouldn't be since it isn't my fault. Leo took everything that i can have connections with, and he did it by force. I had nothing to do.

"I'm sorry. I...i haven't been able to connect that much." I said. Honestly, i did not have an excuse for that. She narrowed her gaze and looked at me with concern. "(y/n), i know that look on your face. Tell me, what's wrong darling?" She asked as she leaned forward and held my hand

As to tell me that i could trust her with what i would say. I was hesitant to tell. Could i? I honestly didn't know if could. Even if i did tell her, what would be the benefit of it? Probably her getting killed.

After all, i am living with a psychopath. I turned and looked at Violet and Simon, the two siblings. I looked at them for an answer to my question. Violet gave me a smile and Simon gave me a slight nod.

Is that an answer for yes? I was sure it was. I turned to look back at Emily and took a deep breath. "Well..."