Fifteen: Tell Him the Truth

Gabrielle

Right now I was getting an ear full from my sister about our secret. I finally told her that I told Aug about everything. Which in this case she was far from pleased. I didn't care. I refused to run from the issue any longer. If that meant him being dead then so be it.

"Lani shut up, just shut the hell up please" I screamed, while rubbing my temples.

She was giving me the worst headache ever.

"You are not perfect, and even Scar probably knows that. However, you choosing not to open up about your past is only hurting you in the long run." I stated, while putting the phone on speaker.

"What if I'm not ready" she replied, while letting out a sigh.

I heard the faint patter of footsteps. I looked to my right to see August glaring at me.

I held my finger up to my lips indicating I wanted him to be quiet. He looked at me and shook his head.

At this very moment I knew shit was about to get real.

August

For the last hour I listened to Lani chew my babeh out about telling me. In a way I felt she was being selfish. Not only was she endangering herself, but ha sister, my brudda, and neice. I was letting her know the deal.

"Lani either you tell my brudda about that fuck nigga, or I will" I spat, not cracking a smirk or smile.

I was fed up with tha excuses she continued to supply. I heard her blow out a breath.

"It's not that easy August! Nobody wants to love a person with personal issues like mine." she slightly yelled.

"Bullshit Lani, all bullshit. When you take on a marriage, or relationship whatever ya partna' is facing you facing that shit too. I don't know what busters you been dealing with in the past. My brudda loves the ground you walk on. You got until tonight to come up off yo bullshit ass feelings. If you don't tell him then I'm telling him. Be'lee dat!" I spat, while sitting next to Cha on the loveseat.

"You fucked up for giving me an ultimatium Aug" she mumbled.

"You fucked up for not telling my brudda, so we even." I replied, with a smirk.

I tapped Cha on the thigh and she moved her arm, so that I could lay my head in her lap.

I watched as she opened and closed her eyes. My babeh had stress etched all over ha face, but being ha she'd never admit it.

I poked her stomach, and she looked down.

I puckered my lips up for a kiss. I watched as she kissed her index and middle finger then placed them against my lips. I smirked, and sucked on the tips of her fingers. She scrunched her nose, and slapped my chest with her right hand.

"Why you being childish sweetheart?" I questioned, while trying to keep a straight face.

"I'm not childish. You are the one being nasty while I'm on the phone" she retorted, while sticking her tongue.

"Keep on with that tongue action. I'ma see what that mouf do " I laughed, while turning the television on.

"Did ya'll forget I was on the phone?" Lani questioned, while clearing her throat.

"Ain't nobody forget ya luh ass on the phone. You need to be rehearsing how you gonna talk to my brudda." I stated, while getting a little more comfortable in Cha's lap.

"Let me use you Auggie" Lani stated.

"Only my baby can use me...you nasty lil'bit" I laughed, while settling on the The Best Man Holiday.

"Stop playing August. I'm so serious right now." Lani whined, while huffing.

"Shit fuck him, and then tell him, or suck his dick. Then when you finish be like baby I got some shit to tell ya." I suggested, with my eyes glued to the television.

Cha slapped my chest while trying to stifle her laugh.

"Okay, Okay what ya thinking of saying? I questioned.

"I know you are always telling me to open up to you about my past. Well...Lani is my sister- my blood sister. We share the same mom, but the man we grew up calling dad isn't our dad. Our father's name is Rafael Lewis. Hence the reason we never shared our mom, or our dad's last name. My mom told me more than my sister because I was older.

Before she could finish Cha was fuming.

"Wait, hold on, you mean to tell me that you knew all this time that Matthew wasn't our dad. You could have prevented a lot of shit from happening." Cha yelled.

"It wasn't like that Cha. When I went looking for him I couldn't find him. The next best thing I could do was model to provide, and take care of us both." Lani reasoned, while her voice cracked.

Cha shook her head indicating she understood.

"Finish up lil' bit" I stated, while thoughts started running through my head.

"Well our mom died in a tragic car accident. They claim that the breaks went out, but I think Matthew tampered with them. Once our mom died things wentt down hill for us. Matthew would beat both of us, but Gab got it worst because she looked just like our mom to him. I looked like our father.

Needless to say once I earned enough money I moved us away. We ended uo having to go back to LA to testify against Matthew. Somehow Matthew is out and he's been sending threatening messages. I don't need your help because I have this Scar. I plan to take care of it." She mumbled, while sighing.

It got quiet for all of two seconds and all I heard was Scar.

"A motherfucker looking for you, and you ain't say shit? Are you out of your damn mind Lani? Your ass weighs every bit of a 100 pounds maybe. The fuck wrong with you? Scar yelled, and the phone went dead.

**Lani and Gabrielle's mother is off to the side. Sorry to leave you guys hanging like that, but I will definitely be able to type up the second half tomorrow. I will probably do some typing on the road too. -CocainePacino