“Noooo!”

“Shut up! It's been ringing for ages and it could be heard anywhere in this house, it's so fucking annoying.”

“But what if he found out and he's calling because he wants to disown me!”

“Then you face it yourself.”

“Hyung!”

Taehyung didn't listen and answer the call with Yeonjun looking like he's going to pass out any second now.

“Hello?”

The room fell silent as Taehyung put the phone in loudspeaker, “Finally! I've been calling for the nth time already! What were you doing that's keeping you so busy from answering the phone, huh? It's a simple task!”

Yeonjun could feel his soul leaving his body slowly as he listens to his father's voice.

“Sorry uncle, we're eating at the kitchen and Yeonjun left his phone here in the living room.”

“And you didn't hear it ringing?”

“It was on silent.” Taehyung glared at the poor boy who's now hiding behind Beomgyu even though his father can't see him.

“Yeah sure,” a pause and then a sound like he's getting up from his seat, “anyway, where's your cousin?”

Yeonjun desperately shakes his head no at Taehyung, gesturing not to give him the phone.

“Oh he's right here.”

Yeonjun gaped at Taehyung in betrayal but the older only gave him a teasing smile and passed the phone to him.

Mouthing a cursed word at his hyung, Yeonjun get up and put the phone up to his ear— after disabling the loudspeaker, of course.

“Dad?”

He wants to give himself a pat on the back for not stuttering and sounding like a frightened piece of poo.

“Yeonjun.”

Okay he's actually scared right now, what the fuck.

“Y-yes dad?”

“I want you to–”

“IM SO SORRY DAD I DIDN'T MEAN TO! PLEASE FORGIVE ME I SWEAR IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! PLEASE DAD I LOVE YOU DON'T DO THIS TO ME–”

“What are you talking about?” Mr. Choi asked confused.

Blinking and furrowing his eyebrows in confusion, Yeonjun get back to his dad. “You're not disowning me?”

“No? What? Why would I disown you?”

“Really? Even though I made a huge mistake?”

“I didn't expect you to treat that as a huge mistake,” Yeonjun frowned even more. He just married someone while drunk and his father didn't think it was a big mistake?

“But if you really feel bad by declining my offer, then we could fix it— I actually called because of that. We have an urgent matter and I'd really appreciate it if you change your mind and accept the position I want you to have. And it seems like you do, so you're making my job easy.”

Wait what?

His dad is talking about that? And he was so scared for thinking that he found out? When he actually haven't yet?

“Oh you're talking about that.” Yeonjun internally sighed in relief.

“Why? Do we have anything else to talk abou–”

“No! No! I just thought you'd be mad about me declining again so I think you'd disown me, yeah, that's it. No worries, hahaha.”

Wow Yeonjun, you don't sound suspicious at all.

“Okay? But anyway, come to the company now and finalize things. Ah, I'm just glad you finally accepted to be the vice chairman after refusing several times. We just have to make it official now.”

Yeonjun forced out a laugh. I don't want to become the vice chairman. “Yeah, I thought things through and I managed to convinced myself.”

“Good, now come to my office and look for Secretary Park. He knows what else to do.”

“Sure dad, take care. Bye.”

Fuck.

Now he just put himsef in another situation he doesn't want to be in. Great.

But it's better than to be living in the streets, right?