1.7

"Oh," I nod. "I think I get it now."

"Yeah. I'm not sure what happened. I just hesitated, I guess." Minho says.

"Well, at the very least, Jisung's safe." I say. "Will he be okay with me knowing about him?"

"Hopefully. We sometimes even refer to you guys as the twins, it's only natural to share secrets." Minho shrugs.

"Well, it's not really sharing secrets if I don't- wait you identify Jisung and I as 'the twins'?"

Minho nods. "Well, you were born only a couple of hours apart in the same year." Minho says before adding, "You're also both on the weird side."

"Hey, that's your boyfriend that you're talking about." I defend.

"What about you?"

"Well you obviously need to be somewhat nice to the lover's family."

"Okay, so remember when I said that you were weird?" Minho says, making the both of us laugh.

I roll my eyes and think to myself, Why does someone like this deserve something so bad? He did nothing wrong; he only loved.

That's it. I'm the poet of my time. Step aside, Shakespeare. Felix the Australian is taking over the throne!

"You good, Lix?"

"Huh?" I drag myself back into reality. "Oh, yeah. As fine as the world's greatest word phraser."

"Okay then..." Minho gives me a weird look.

"So anyways, you didn't know who the boy was that hurt you?" I ask. "Because if you do, I know a foreigner or two that can take care of him just like that." I say and snap my fingers.

Minho thinks for a second, an odd look appearing on his face. "I'm actually not sure who he was," Minho observes.

"If you recognize him at any time at school, then tell me his name immediately."

"How would I even get the name?" Minho crosses his arms.

"Stomp up to him with a scary face on your face and demand his ID. If he chooses not to comply then tell him that you're the mayor and if he refuses to cough it up, then there will be a probing in his future."

"Yeah, that's not happening."

I pout, "Well, you can say that you're the governor instead."

"Yeah, you're definitely blood-related to Jisung." Minho jokes.

A bell rings over the intercom telling us that it's time to head to our next subjects. Quickly, I ask Minho, "Are you going to be in classes for the rest of today?"

Minho takes a second to think. "I guess so," he says. "but just for this next period and soccer."

"Why not your last class?"

Minho shrugs. "I don't like the science teacher."

The two of us head into the math classroom, but I walk a couple of feet ahead of him. Minho insisted that I don't stand directly next to him. He said that it's so I don't have to deal with anything about how I'm also gay and we're "dating". Those comments are all unnecessary, especially since neither of them are true.

I go to sit down in my seat, but am stopped by what I see. On Minho's desk are a bunch of sticky notes with terrible things written on them, all in different handwriting. I'm nothing less than repulsed by the vulgarity that honestly isn't worth the breath in repeating.

Quickly, before he enters, I peel the post-it-notes off of Minho's desk all at once. I rush over to the trash can and watch as the colorful paper flutters down into the trash bag. Normally I'd recycle, but I don't think anyone would want these phrases secretly engraved in their papers, or however it works.

Minho steps foot in the door as I'm doing this. "Hey, Felix. What are y-"

The unfortunately outed boy gets cut off by some random girl shoving him over "on accident".

"Oh, I'm sorry," she says with a fake frown plastered over her fake person. "I didn't see you there." It's probably the most burnt-out phrase to use when pretending to not see someone. She could've at least been a bit more creative.

I walk back over to my desk as Minho pulls himself to his feet. The girl walks away and I hear my friend mumble to himself, "I'm like a foot taller than you, bitch. Watch your mouth or your heels will be in your esophagus."

"What'd you say?" I ask, despite knowing exactly what snarky comment was made.

"Oh, nothing," he says, a sarcastic smile taking over his face. "Hey, what's this?"

I look to see Minho reaching down to pick up a bright pink squared paper. "Hold on- It's just trash, we should leave it there. Besides, you never know if someone still needs it to be there-"

"What the hell?" Minho interrupts me with a shocked expression.

"Sorry, Minho," I say. "I was hoping that-"

"This," Minho stares at the note with shaky eyes. "This is from Hyunjin."