"Nothing." I said, my hands fiddling with each other behind my back.

"You sure?" He slightly smirked.

"Why wasn't your skin cold?" I blurted out.

"I told you not to worry about it." He chuckled.

"How can I not. Come here." I said with a frown.

Taking his big hand in mine I dragged him to his bathroom. Signaling for him to sit on his counter he sighed and did as I said.

"Baby, I'm perfectly fine." He told me.

"Well, how can I be sure." I said looking up at him.

Lifting my hand up to touch his forehead it was unusually warm. It felt normal to the touch, but it felt hotter than usual. It was hard to explain as I kept my hand pressed against his forehead.

"You don't feel sick?" I asked him.

"Like I said, I feel perfectly fine, kitten." He leaned down to press a kiss on my forehead.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." He softly chuckled.

"Okay." I mumbled. "If you start to feel sick please tell me."

"I'll tell you as soon as I feel it coming." He assured me.

Biting my lip I reached up to press a kiss on his lips. Making my way out I made my way back down the steps. Hearing Bears barks in the kitchen I frowned as I followed his barks.

Seeing him barking at the patio door I stopped where I was standing and held back a whimper.

"Lucky." I called in fear as I took a step back.

"Yes, Princess." He walked into the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

Becoming alerted he quickly made his way to me and pulled me into his arms. He looked over to where Bear was and frowned.

"There's nothing there, little one. It's okay." He softly spoke in my ear.

I calmed down a little bit and let go of Lucky.

"Come here, Bear." I said.

The puppy looked up at me and ran towards us. Picking him up he settled down in my arms as I ran my fingers through his fur.

"Don't scare my Princess like that Bear." Lucky playfully scolded Bear.

I giggled when Bear slightly growled at Lucky, but Lucky only laughed in humor.

"Come to the office with me, I don't want you out here alone." Lucky told me.

I nodded as he took my hand in his. Making our way to the office we stepped into the room and I put Bear down on the floor. He immediately caught sight of one of his toys on the floor and quickly ran towards it.

Taking it in his mouth he plopped down on the floor and began to chew on the toy.

After a few minutes Stefan walked into the room and sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"What's up." Stefan said.

"Baby, can you head on into the library. We have to talk in private." Lucky looked at me.

"I don't want to." I frowned.

"Go on." He nodded his head towards the door.

"Lucky." He whined.

"I'm not asking again, kitten." He said in a forced tone.

"Fine." I muttered under my breath.