Chapter 22

"Everything's gonna be alright, Everything's gonna be okay, It's gonna be a good good life, That's what my therapist say."

Luckys POV

"When are we leaving?" London's soft voice asked.

"Later today, why?" I asked.

"I don't want to leave." She pouted.

I smiled at her cuteness and chuckled.

"We have to, you have school tomorrow." I said.

"I don't have to go to school." She mumbled.

"Yes, you do. Are you done?" I asked pointing at her food.

She nodded with a smile and pushed her plate away from her. She took a sip out of her water and we both looked up as the lady from earlier walked up to us.

"Are you done?" She sweetly asked.

"Yes." London responded.

Fuck, she doesn't realize how cute she is. I love her so fucking much. And it isn't just the mate bond, I genuinely love her, even without the mate bond.

"Here's your receipt. I hope you have a good day." The lady smiled.

Before walking away she placed the receipt on the table. Grabbing it, I stood up.

"I'm going to go pay, wait here, okay?" I told London.

"Okay." She smiled.

Returning the smile, I pressed a kiss to her cheek and walked towards the cash register. Walking up to the woman that attended us earlier I scowled and handed her the receipt.

I couldn't help, but think how adorable London is when she gets jealous. The way she looked at the woman made me crack a smile. When she spoke up, I couldn't help, but feel proud of her. She's a small and quiet thing, but she has that small fire in her that intrigues me.

I just know it's there. Sometimes she can't help, but surface it. She keeps it deep inside of her, I just know one day she's going to snap.

"Here's your change." The woman smirked as she handed me my money. 

Grabbing the money she brushed her fingers against my arm and quickly pulled my hand back. Grimacing at her touch I turned away from her and made my way back to the table.

"Come on, prin-" I stopped not seeing London at the table anymore.

Looking around the restaurant I couldn't find her and I started to panic.

"London." I said.

Quickly making my way out of the restaurant, I stood out the doors, frantically looking around the parking lot.

"London!" I said louder.

Running up to the car I opened it and looked inside, but she wasn't inside.

"What the hell." I growled loudly.

"Where the hell is she!" My wolf, Carter, growled in my head.

"I don't fucking know!" I yelled slamming my hand down on the roof of the car.

Running my hands through my hair I closed the car door and made my way back to the restaurant. As I was making my way over to the front doors I caught her small figure appear at the door.

She stepped out and I quickly made my way towards her.

"Luc-" I stopped her before she could finish.