Prologue

A single wolf howl, echoed throughout the forest. For a second, I loathed the wolf. It didn’t have to stand here, facing the people I loved or once loved. Then I turned my attention back to the two boys standing in front of me. Yoseob and AJ.

               “Ruby…” Yoseob said in his soft song voice, holding out a hand to me. “I, we can help you with this. I love you, and we won’t hurt you.” He said, he was using plural.

             “Ruby, I can help you more.” AJ said his voice gravely, I flinched when he said my name. “I won’t hurt you know. You know why that happened you got to trust me.” He said his green eyes locking my brown ones.

              “Why should I?” I asked my face hard, I didn’t want to let them know I was on the verge of tears. I didn’t know what to do. Should I go with AJ? I did love him once. But then he hurt me in ways I never knew existed. Of course I know the reasons now. But I love Yoseob now and a lot. So much that it hurts. Yoseob turned his big brown eyes on me.

    “You know I would never hurt you.” Yoseob said his face loving. Why must choices be so hard?

    “I still love you.” AJ said his green eyes soft. “I never wanted to hurt you. Or destroy you trust. Do you think I wanted to do that? I didn’t have a choice you do now. So chose.” He said, his blonde hair flying everywhere in the wind. AJ was also holding out his hand. They wanted me to make a choice, now.

    “I made my choice.” I choked out, the tears threatening to overflow. I took a step forward my hand outstretched. I took his hand in mine strong.

“I love you.” I whispered as he hugged me.

“I love you too.” He replied hugging me closer.