Chapter 29

Brokenclaw raced through the forest, Dizzyblossom at his side. He laughed, finally stopping at the river. He bent down and got a drink, licking his lips and lifting his head back up.
Dizzyblossom didn't even give him a second to react as she lunged at him and pushed him into the river.
Brokenclaw let out a yowl of shock as he hit the cold water, quickly standing up. He couldn't help but purr as Dizzyblossom giggled.
"Hey! Thanks a lot for scaring all the prey away!" Brokenclaw mewed, purring. "Now how are we supposed to explain to Flamestrike that we weren't able to catch any prey?"
Dizzyblossom lyed down at the edge of the water and lightly hit his face with her tail. "Don't worry about it, I'll make sure we catch enough prey for both of us."
Brokenclaw rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay. Don't rub in the fact that you're a better hunter than me." He purred as he got out of the water. He shook out his pelt, purposely getting some of the water on Dizzyblossom.
Dizzyblossom growled playfully. "Oh that's how you want to play, huh?"
She knocked into him again, pinning him down. She lightly batted his head, her whiskers twitching with amusement.
Brokenclaw went limp. "Alright, you win!"
Dizzyblossom purred as she jumped off of him. "That's what I thought."
Brokenclaw got to his paws and brushed past her. "Okay, let's hunt before we scare all the prey away!"
"Fine, but whoever catches the least amount of prey gets tick duty!" Dizzyblossom raced away, leaving Brokenclaw behind.
Brokenclaw purred then raced after her. "Hey! That's not fair, you got a head start!"

When Dizzyblossom and Brokenclaw followed Flamestrike and Bloodclaw back into camp, they both had caught the same amount of prey.
Flamestrike looked at the two warriors. "Good work, you've both earned rest until tomorrow."
"We may have tied this time, but I'll win next time for sure." Dizzyblossom purred as they brought the prey to the fresh kill pile.
Brokenclaw smiled, then picked up a squirrel. "Want to share?"
"Sure." Dizzyblossom replied.
Brokenclaw led the way towards the warriors den, then chose a spot to lie down nearby.
Dizzyblossom lyed down beside him, then took a bite of the squirrel.
"Where do you think my brother is?" Dizzyblossom suddenly said. She looked worried, and for a second Brokenclaw felt angry. But then he remembered that Boulderpaw was still her kin, and she had the right to be worried about him, even if he did some questionable things.
But Brokenclaw still unsheathed his claws, and growled. "I don't know, but when I find him, I'll shred him to pieces!"
Dizzyblossom rested her tail on his shoulder. "Brokenclaw, please. You don't have to do that for me. I don't want you to become a killer just because something happens to me."
Brokenclaw looked away. "Well, I'm already one, and that won't change unless you can change the past."
"Brokenclaw, look at me." Dizzyblossom mewed, and he turned his head towards her again. "We might not be able to change the past, but we can change the future, together. Listen to me, please don't kill or hurt a cat just because of me. You still need to remain loyal to the warrior code, understand?"
Brokenclaw took a deep breath. He wanted to make Dizzyblossom happy, so he nodded. "Yes, I understand."
"If you ever see Boulderpaw again, I don't want you to lay a single paw on him." Dizzyblossom mewed. "I don't want you to do something you'll regret forever, like what happened with Darkwillow."
"Yeah... you're... you're right." Brokenclaw said slowly. "If I kill Boulderpaw for what he's done, it will stay with me forever, and I'll just be the monster Darkwillow said I'll always be."
Dizzyblossom licked his ear, purring. "Now you're finally getting it, you mousebrain."
Brokenclaw's whiskers twitched with amusement. "You know I love you, right Dizzyblossom?"
Dizzyblossom purred, touching her nose with his. "Yes, and I'll always love you too, no matter what. Even when you act like a stupid furball."