Chapter 7- young love

Okay, so I WAS going to post this tomorrow, but I just can't wait any longer!!! I spent over 10 hours on it and I have had to do a lot of research the past few chapters because I've never been to New York or Washington DC. I get to this summer though. Anyways here you go!!!

--------@-@-@@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

I woke up the next morning feeling good about the day and about what I had decided to do about Zach and I.

Nicole and I had talked about the guys. She likes Tommy and I (okay I'll admit it) like Zach. Yeah, I just admitted it. Today I'm going to see if he'll go on a date with me tonight.

So me asking him out was a fail. I got dressed in some O'Neill shorts and a Roxy shirt. I slipped on my rainbow checkered Vans and opened my door. I wasn't ready for what stood on the other side.

Zach stood there, in his skinny jeans and his Death Cab for Cutie tshirt with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, a smile on his face. "Hey Zach," I said quietly.

"Madi," he started, "I miss being with you! I want to be your best friend but I want to be more than that! I don't care if we don't work! Even if that happens, we'll still be best friends no matter what! I just really want to be with you!" he finished and took a deep breath. I smiled and looked up at him and then pressed my lips to his. Our lips began to move in sync, I put my hands around his neck, deepening the kiss. We pulled away and leaned our foreheads against eachother. He gave me another light kiss then smiled against my lips. I smiled back. I heard the shutter noise of a camera and turned to see a grinning Nicole. I smiled at her then handed her the flowers and grabbed my purse off a hook on the wall. I grabbed Zach's hand then dragged him down the hall to the elevator.

I heard the ding announcing that the elevator was here, then the doors opened and I pulled Zach inside. The elevator doors closed. I pulled Zach to me and pressed my lips to his.

-:-ZACH'S POV-:-

I was glad that I told her how I feel. She felt the same way, which makes me so happy. I really like her. I think I'm falling for her, even though I'm only 14.

It really surprised me when she kissed me, she used to never be the type to take charge. I liked it though. Her lips tasted like her black cherry lip gloss, they were sweet.

She pulled me onto the elevator and when the door closed, she pressed her lips to mine.

I heard the doors open and Madi pulled away, I frowned at her as she sauntered off towards our group. I stumbled after her.

:-:MADISONS POV:-:

I walked up to our group. "So, how was the kiss?" Tommy asked. Zach's face turned red and I smirked.

"As good as the one you'll give Nicole when you two get together," I said nonchalantly. Now it was Nicole's turn to blush and Tommy's to smirk.

The day went great, since we left the next day we just went and saw the statue of liberty.

I stepped off the boat, and took Zach's hand. We all walked over to the huge green statue. I stood in front first, and Zach took my picture. Then I took Zach's. Nicole took a picture of both of us. Then we both laid in the grass and took pictures while everyone else went up into the statue.

I lay on my side, propped on my hand. Zach mirrored me. I looked at him, he smiled at me and gave me a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled back.

We talked about hanging out over the summer. We decided to go see the 4th Pirates of the Carribean movie Sunday.

Soon our group came back and it was time to go. The boat ride back was silent. The bus ride wasn't, the entire time on the bus we all sang songs. First we sang our notes from band to jump on it, then we sang do re mi from the sound of music, followed by the best of both worlds by hannah Montana, and lastly jingle bells. Hey, we were almost in 9th grade, to us, it was funny.