This boy Zach [chapter 3]

Recap:

"Hey, open your window and look at the house behind you," I said as I opened my window. Zach opened his window and looked outside. I watched his eyes move until he found me, he smiled. "Hey!!" he screamed across the long distance. I smiled and waved. Then he sat on his window sill too and we talked on our phones for an hour and a half. Then after we both had dinner we both just sat there and watched each other. Finally at 11PM I went to bed. I climbed down from my window sill and waved to him. Zach smiled and blew a kiss to me. I pretended to catch it then blew one back. He smiled and waved bye I waved back then closed my window and pulled my thick drapes over it.

~~***CHAPTER 3***~~

9/9/10

I'm not sure whether to love or hate Zoey St. Marks right now.

My day started out great, I went to school on time, got an A on my math test, etc. But then at lunch I was sitting with Mark, Zach, and Hanna. We had all just sat down and Zach's mom just happened to be getting a drink from the lunch line when Zoey went up to the stage and spoke into the microphone: "Attention students!!!" Everyone got quiet. She went on, "I'd like to make an announcment. Did you know that Madison Abbett and Zach Ernest are going out secretly?! They don't want anyone to know especially their parents. But now, it's too late. Thank you." She smirked happily and somewhat evilly and then skipped off the stage. Zach and I turned our heads down, not wanting to see all eyes on us and not wanting to hear the whispers about our hands holding each other under the table.

"Zach," a stern voice interrupted our thoughts. I looked up to see Zach's mom towering over us, a look of disgust on her face. "Zachary Richard Ernest, what do you think you're doing with this girl!?" she spat.

Zach lowered his head and dropped my hand. Ouch. "I'm sorry," he finally whispered.

"No you're not," his mom said and that's when I lost it.

"You know what? He isn't! He really likes me and I really like him and we make each other happy. Isn't that what matters? Your son's happiness?" I said. I had lost my cool.

"You're right," his mom said after a while, I looked up in disbelief. She smiled and nodded then walked away.

When I got home my mom was sitting at the kitchen table, looking unhappy.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling a Coke out of the fridge.

I got a call from a Mrs.Ernest saying that you were invited to dinner tonight at her house. And when I asked who's mother this was she said 'Zach's, your daughter's boyfriend.'"

Oh. Shit.

"Mom, I can explain!" I pleaded, thinking of an excuse. She held her hand up.

"They're expecting you at 6, don't tell your dad," then she got up and walked into her room and closed the door.

OMG! I was so excited and plus he lived down the street from here so my mom didn't have to drop me off. I don't think she would, she's probably mad at me right now.

I slowly walked up the stairs so she wouldn't know I was really excited if I ran up them. I took a long shower, making sure to use lots of soap and shampoo so I would smell really good.

Once I got out i changed into pajamas and turned on some music. Then I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I looked in the mirror and sighed. She was okay with it!!! But she was mad too. Oh well.

I put on some mascara and blush then changed into a purple smock dress with spaghetti straps and a short, little, white, short sleeved, sweater over it. Then I put on my white flipflops and a necklace with a purple butterfly charm hanging from it.