"But I think you should tell Lucas. He's leaving after all and he's... well, he kinda liked you, didn't he?" Jungwoo reminds her. He wasn't around when all that shit happened; Mark could only share a gist of what happened to the three college friends.

"I know." Of course, Rin knows. But she really doesn't have to, right? This is her personal life, and she gets to decide who she tells it to and when. It's her life. It's her life.

"Okay. I just—I'm just worried about the two of you," Jungwoo expresses. "I don't want Lucas to leave without closure."

"I—Thanks, Woo. I'll tell him." Rin really isn't sure if she can but just to satisfy Jungwoo, she lied. She can't even tell her own sister about her relationship with Taeil. She doesn't have to.

It's her life. She forces out a smile. "Let's go have lunch."

***

Moon Publishing – 1:21 PM.

Taeil and Rin waited at the meeting room for their scheduled 1:30 PM meeting with Author Nakamoto. The mysterious writer had finally agreed to meet up with them in person to discuss the final edits of his book. As always, Taeil was the head editor of all books. Even though Rin had previously mentioned he needed to hire more editors to evenly distribute the work.

Taeil notices Rin's finger continuously tapping on her iPAD. He realizes it's a nervous tick so he reaches his hand over to squeeze her comfortingly. What he didn't expect is for her to pull away in a hurry.

"What're you doing?" she exclaims, obviously surprised by the gesture.

"What? What's wrong? We're the only ones here," Taeil reassures her.

"I—Sorry." Rin simmers down, glancing wearily at the meeting room's entrance. "It's just—Jungwoo knows, and he wants me to tell Lucas."

"What?" Taeil scowls disapprovingly. "I mean, I get he's your best friend but it's still your personal life, Lee Chaerin."

"I know—I just." Rin exhales loudly. She finally opens her palm to accept Taeil's, his fingers interlocking with hers. "'Cas is leaving soon. I don't want to keep anything from him."

"I get that but if you're not ready to tell anyone about our relationship then you shouldn't." Taeil understands wanting privacy for his own. His mom never understood the importance of it, and was always up in his business, even when he was in college. When he stepped into business school, he's had enough and completely cut her off.

"Thank you, sir."

"I told you to call me Taeil when it's just us two."

"We're at the office. And you just called me Lee Chaerin!"

"...Fine."

The two separate their hands once they hear the meeting room open. Accompanied by one of the staffs, Author Nakamoto – they assume – enters the room, holding an air of self-confidence and assertiveness surrounding him.

Rin's eyes widen in recognition as she realizes who's she looking at. It was the guy she met at Hyeri's sports fest. The guy who owned a book store slash tea shop. Nakamoto Yuta.

The two instantly stand up from their seats as the author approaches them.

Author Nakamoto meets Rin's eyes, flashing her one of his gorgeous smiles. "Hi," he greets her sweetly.

Taeil feels an eye twitch. "Author Nakamoto," he greets, extending a hand towards the writer. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Moon Taeil, owner of Moon Publishing."