chapter 8.

KITCHEN, LEE RESIDENCE – 8:28 AM.

Rin was so happy it was the weekend. She didn't think she could face Moon Taeil right after what happened. Or rather, what he did that made her all jittery and flustered around him.

She can feel her face turn a shade of red every time he was around, and while talking to her, too. Her co-workers thought she had truly lost it. They understood, though. Working for Moon Taeil was no easy task.

Even up until now, she gets embarrassed whenever that memory comes into mind.

But Rin had other matters to attend to for this weekend. It was her niece's school's sports festival, and being the great aunt that she is, she's supposed to attend in support of her.

"Hyori, did you get your soccer shoes already?!"

"Yes, mom!"

"Good! Hurry up! We're going to be late!!"

Rin chuckles as she fixes her niece's duffel bag, making sure it was filled with towels, extra clothes, and water. She knew how exhausting outdoor games get, and she was thankful that she has a job that doesn't require her to go outside that much. She was lucky Moon Publishing is a big company that can afford air conditioning.

"Chaerin, is her bag ready?!" Lee Hyerin, Chaerin's older sister, shouts from behind.

Rin flinches at the volume, sending her sister an exasperated expression. "I'm done. You don't need to shout," she whines.

"Sorry," Hyerin giggles. "By the way your phone was ringing earlier. Your boss was calling."

Rin feels herself freeze as her eyes widen at her sister. Hyerin rolls her eyes. "Relax, I let it go to voicemail," she assures. "I still want to beat his ass."

"Why?!"

"Because of what he did to you? He totally made you uncomfortable by invading your personal space," Hyerin huffs, hating Moon Taeil more.

She's heard her sister rant about the guy for 4 years, but it was never anything serious. Like, he couldn't decide what the fuck he wanted to it, or he was too picky with clothing, or that he hates meetings and makes Chaerin go to them in his stead.

Hyerin knew it was all part of Chaerin's job but she wasn't going to let it pass if that ass Taeil crosses the line.

"I didn't push him away though..." Rin admits shamefully. "And he smelled nice..."

"I can smell his STENCH from here. Don't you dare let him off the hook, Lee Chaerin." Hyerin states firmly.

Rin groans, hearing her full name for the nth time. "You sound just like him! Just call me Chaerin or Rin!" she complains, almost losing it.

"Okay, relax! Man, he's really getting to you, huh?" Hyerin muses. "What an ass."

"Yeah, such an ass," Rin agrees, Taeil's firm curvy butt coming into mind. She sighs in resignation. "C'mon, let's go."

SANGYEON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – 9:06 AM.

Rin feels like dying, with the sun directed at her. She always hated it.

They were outdoors, watching the grade school students play activities. Her niece's program hasn't started yet so Rin was still under the sun for no reason.

"Stop fidgeting," Hyerin scolds, lightly hitting her knee.

"It's the heat!" Rin complains, feeling rashes form on her skin already. She suddenly feels she's right back in elementary school.