chapter 24.

Moon Publishing – 2:00PM.

"Here is the contract for the new author, Nakamoto Yuta." Rin places a folder file on Taeil's desk before starting her daily report for today. "You have several meetings with the board today. And a skype call with Author's Kim manager for a general update on the book tour."

"Okay, good." Taeil nods, taking the file in his hands to scan through it. "Nakamoto Yuta... Have you met the writer, Lee Chaerin?"

Rin shakes her head. "No, I haven't. It seems he's always busy and prefers email and phone discussion," she replies. "I don't think he's even the one talking to me but his manager."

"I see." Taeil hums in thought, flipping through the contract pages. "What a shy man."

Rin nods in agreement, turning around when she hears a door knock.

"Sir Taeil?" It was Jungwoo's voice.

"Come in," Taeil calls him in, leaning back on his chair.

Jungwoo enters the room after getting permission, showing up with a bunch of paper work in his arms.

"Do you need help?" Rin offers, walking over to him.

"I—I'm fine!" Jungwoo stammers, carefully placing stacks of folder files on Taeil's table one by one.

"Jungwoo—are you already here?" Lucas' voice came bursting in seconds later.

"Ask permission to enter first!" Jungwoo scolds at his co-worker as they start bickering in front of Taeil and Rin.

Right, since Lucas was leaving as head manager of marketing, he needed a replacement. Taeil didn't want to hire a newbie to the company so he figured he'd give Jungwoo a promotion and have him replaced Lucas.

Now, Lucas has taken upon himself to be Jungwoo's self-proclaimed "mentor" and started teaching him his work.

It's disastrous though. Lucas was a bad teacher and it always left Jungwoo confused and angry so the two would often fight a lot. Mark and Rin had to pull them off each other.

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Wong." The two shut up upon hearing Taeil's icy tone. The editor leans in on his desk, watching his two employees intensely. "What are your updates Author Suh's press release? Are the promotion schedules ready? What is the interview line-up?"

"Um—" Jungwoo feels overwhelmed by the questions but Lucas' quickly came to his aid.

"The press release shall proceed like planned, however, upon the writer's request, we moved it on the 9th to fit his schedule," Lucas informs.

"I've contacted every news anchor that are to attend so we are set for a public release. I'm also done with the promotion schedules and they're scheduled to be released in two days.

"The interview line-ups are already included; I already talked to the managers of each stations and set a date on Author Suh's appearance."

Jungwoo's jaw dropped at how flawless and smooth Lucas presented his work. Rin smiles at him proudly, glancing at Taeil to see his reaction. Taeil stares at him impressively. A satisfied smirk crosses his lips.

"Good. Very good, Wong Yukhei," he compliments.

Lucas' eyes widen at the praise. He can't believe he has to leave just when his boss starts learning to appreciate his employees. He should've let Rin drunk call Taeil much earlier.

"Thank you, sir." Lucas bows gratefully.

"Kim Jungwoo." Taeil turns to Jungwoo, making the boy tense up. The latter expected a full-on lecture but much to his surprise—