Ch 14

'Somebody else's reflection'

You're turning into him more everyday," Gemma slid me a cup of coffee as she began to tidy up my kitchen. My house was a mess. Half my things were in boxes and the other half were either broken or thrown somewhere it shouldn't be. I was self destructing. Maybe this is what happened to my mother. The club chewed her up and then spit her out. I was stronger then her. I had to be. I was going to force myself to be. "That's not a compliment sweetheart." She ran her hand through my hair her fingers getting caught in my curls. "Who you are right now and who I know you can be are so far away from each other at the moment. I can't stand to watch it. This thing he put you in with Galindo changed you."

"I'm not in anything with Galindo anymore." I grumbled. "And it didn't change me it let me realize who my father was. Who the people we call family are."

"Enough!" Gemma hit her fist to the table. "These people love you. These people want what's best for you."

"Then why did they let him throw me around like a puppet my entire life?!" I stood up squaring up with the older women. My heart was screaming to back down but my mind wouldn't let me. I was in to deep. "I'm leaving. I'm not sure where to but I need to go."

"And who are you going with? That Mayan? He won't protect you baby, don't. Please just don't." Gemma begged.

"If I stay something worse with happen Gem. We both know that's the truth." I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. This life was all I knew. For me to walk away from it meant that I would loose a part of myself, but maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. Maybe loosing myself would lead me to something better. "I'm sorry, and I love you, but I'm done. I can't do this. I need to be free of him."

"This life follows you Adi. No matter how far you go you'll always be a Morrow."

"I know, but at least I won't be anywhere near my father."