Ch 8

'How not to apologize'

"How many times is to many to fall in love with the wrong person?" Lyla whined as she sat down beside me at the bar. "I went out with that Roland guy, and he's a real tool. Maybe I should just give up." She slammed back a shot of whisky before turning to me and pouting.

"Don't give up." I insisted. "Why don't you go talk to Opie?" I pointed across the room to where Opie was talking to Jax and another member. Lyla hopped off her stool and strolled over tapping the tall man on the shoulder.

"Are we still not talking?" Juice asked nervously.

"Correct." I replied coldly. "I have enough shit to deal with right now I don't need you messing things up further. I can mess them up on my own." I spat.

"Adelaide please just let me apologize, and try to explain." Juice began to beg.

"No. Now listen and listen good. I won't have you interfering in this any further. I'm doing this to protect my family from the cartel. Don't fuck it up because you maybe have feelings for me. You don't. If you did they would have shown up before I was doing this. You just want your dick wet and I'm not a crow eater."

"Adi you know that's not true!" Juice argued.

"No Juice I don't."

"How are you so fucking blind! I'm in love with you!" Juice wrapped his hand around my forearm so I couldn't walk away from him.

"I don't believe you."