Ch 9

"When I love you feels like lies'

"What was that last night with Juice?" Opie asked interrupting my morning paperwork. I shot my best friend a glare to say buzz off, but I knew that wouldn't be enough. "Adelaide do I need to rough him up?"

"He was trying to tell me he was in love with me," I explained. "He doesn't. He just likes the idea of me...and if it weren't for me sleeping with someone else it would never have come up." I punched something into the computer not wanting to look at Opie. I knew the look he was giving me. It was the look he always gave when I was jumping to conclusions.

"So you're mad because he loves you?"I could hear the laugh in his voice. It only made me angrier. "Did you think that maybe he actually meant it? I mean the guys a bit slow maybe this is what it took for him to finally admit it. Who you are is a bit intimidating at times. Besides you and that Mayan are in a fake relationship. Don't get attached. If you do he'll turn up dead." Opie reminded me. "Maybe it's time you let your guard down. You told me that once maybe it's time you actually listened to your own advice." Opie left me with my thoughts. A million things were floating through my head. Like why was I so stupid. Why did my anger always win. Why this. Why that. But mainly why couldn't I just admit I had feeling for Juice to.

I finished up my work for the day and decided it would be best if I spent the night alone. No juice. No EZ. Just me a bottle of wine and desperate housewives. This would have been the perfect night if I hadn't found EZ waiting for me when I got home.

"I'm here to apologize." EZ began walking towards me. He was holding a bouquet of pink roses and a six pack of beer. "How I reacted the other day was uncalled for. How you choose or chose to make a living is your choice I shouldn't judge. My past isn't exactly squeaky clean either."

"How about you come inside and tell me all your dirty little secrets Boy Scout. Make me feel better about my past." I took the flowers from him soaking in the sweet smell. I had never been a huge fan of roses but maybe he could make me come around.

We had finished off the beer and opened my bottle of wine. Our voices had grown louder as the alcohol took hold and I sat on edge as EZ told me why he was arrested in the first place. My mind flew around as I tried to figure out how he got out so soon. He killed a cop I'm shocked they hadn't sentenced him to life. "They cut me a deal." EZ looked down at his hands his brows furrowing. He was clearly ashamed. "Said if I got them intel on the club and Galindo they would let me out early. I didn't know what else to do."

"You should have said no. If your club finds out you're dead." I hadn't realized I was yelling until I noticed EZ retreating. "You're a rat. What the hell were you thinking?!"

"That I didn't want to rot in jail." His voice was low. "I'm to deep to turn back now." A loud banging in my door interrupted us.

"Adelaide!" Jax yelled. "Adi open up!" My step brother yelled giggling the doorknob. EZ stared at me in confusion as Opie and Jax walked into my apartment. "We are on lockdown you have to come with us now!" Jax through me over his shoulder ignoring EZ.

"You're involved with the sons?!" His voice was coated in betrayal.

"Shes the presidents daughter." Jax spat leaving EZ alone in my apartment. We were screwed. I didn't know how to come back from this. Ez was never supposed to find out I was a Morrow.