Chapter 10

"We're here. Remember, don't try to antagonize these two, and keep your distaste for humans under control." Adam said looking back to the Lieutenant.

"I've got it covered let's just get this over with." The lieutenant said. He already didn't like the idea of meeting with the ones who took down the witch. The fact that Adam planned on offering to work with them only made matters worse. The last problem that came to his mind now was that they didn't choose where they were meeting. The other two did.

Adam walked up to the door of one of the many warehouses in this district and knocked a specific pattern.

After a few painfully slow seconds the two faunus heard the creaking of the doors opening. What met them was a man wearing a black suit with a black shirt and red tie on. He also wore red shades. On his hip was a dust pistol and a red machete. "Just the two of you correct?" He asked receiving a curt nod from Adam. "Follow me." He said before leading them deeper into the warehouse. Well it looked like just a plain warehouse, but the henchman then led the two down some stairs leading to an underground series of hallways.

The two White Fang members realized this had Torchwick written all over it. Apparently, he was holding more out on Cinder than they had thought.

After walking through the winding maze of corridors they entered a larger open room. In the center of the room was a table surrounded by the two people they were looking for. Different documents and what looked like reports were scattered across the table with the two looking them over.

Without looking Itachi spoke up. "I'm glad to see the both of you made it. This base is quite the maze."

"Yes, I noticed during our walk here." Adam said without moving from where he was.

Itachi looked up and eyed their two guests. "You can go back to whatever Roman had you doing now. Thank you for leading these two here." He said to the henchman who nodded and returned to his own task. "Now if you would come sit. Negotiations tend to go smoother if all parties are sitting comfortably." He finished as he and Kisame cleared the table.

There were already chairs at the table with two on each side. After they had put the reports away, the duo returned to the table and took a seat. Hesitantly Adam and the Lieutenant followed suit.

"I assume this meeting is about my offer to you all from the other day?" Adam asked getting straight to the point.

"Yes, that is why we called you here." Itachi said with a nod. "You said that we could join your organization if we wished to, did you not?"

"Yes, that was what I offered you." Adam said with a small nod.

"What is it that the White Fang does? What is it meant to do because the news paints your organization in a bad color." He said still watching them. The Lieutenant seemed to be trying to hold himself back from doing something, but without seeing his face, it was hard to tell exactly what. Adam kept his own stoic mask.

"We seek to gain equality for the Faunus people." Adam said simply. He knew how the media and public viewed their organization, so it would be best to just answer their questions directly without a fanatical show of patriotism to the faunus.

"And to gain equality it seems that you've moved from peaceful protesting and boycotts to arson, robbery, and murder?" Itachi asked neutrally.

"… yes, the old methods while peaceful, weren't making a great enough impact. The methods being used now are making that impact. Faunus are being treated better now than they have in a long time." Adam answered.

"Purely out of fear of possible backlash from the Fang itself." Kisame grunted finally contributing to the conversation.

The Lieutenant was listening, but his sole focus was on the shark-like man in front of him.