Chapter 12

"Do you think it's true?"

"What?"

"The rumors going around the base?"

"What!? Of course not. Our leader would never do something like that."

"I thought so too, but he's been acting different recently. I mean we haven't made a move in a while."

"Yeah, I've noticed that too… but even so, he wouldn't actually think of going through with it."

"I don't know remember the last one? And we got shafted on that deal. Just think about this "better" deal."

"Hey quiet down he's coming!"

Adam Taurus was walking through one of the Fang's main bases around Vale. He had heard the whisperings among some of his men, but it wasn't the first time he'd heard things like that, and as of recently he hadn't been too attentive of unimportant gossip around the base. Over the past few weeks he had been thinking of every possible answer to that human's question, and their impact and success rate.

"Tell me… is this current path the only one you can see?"

In the time after that meeting the White Fang had almost completely stopped any public activities, planned or otherwise.

Once he reached the door to his personal room he quickly stepped inside and slammed the door behind him.

"Gah! Why can't I think of anything?!" Adam yelled to himself. "Even the violent actions we've taken don't make sense in my head anymore!" 'If winning a full race on race war wasn't enough to garner equality for the Faunus then how the fuck will the things we're doing help?' He asked himself as he fell back onto his bed. Despite his mistrust towards those damned partners, he looked over to the scroll sitting on the nightstand next to his bed. 'Could they really have an answer?'

"Sir!" Came a voice from outside his door.

With a sigh Adam sat up and looked at the scroll one more time before pocketing it and grabbing Wilt and Blush. When he opened the door, he saw the mask of his Lieutenant. Like Adam the lieutenant usually always kept his mask on even inside the base. He may've had reasons like Adam, but the superior couldn't say. Their individual pasts weren't spoken about often if at all.

"Yes Lieutenant?"

"Our brothers and sisters have been growing restless with the Fang's lack of action recently, and one of our spies have found out there's a large shipment of Schnee dust being delivered to shipyard five tonight. I've gotten everything ready for the attack we just need the all clear from you." He said in his usual ambitious tone. "With our recent drop in activity the guard detail has been lightened, so this is the perfect time to raid them."

Adam had always noticed the lieutenant's ambitious attitude when he did things like this, preparing for a raid or attack 'without' Adam's knowledge. More often than not the bull would usually hear wind of things like this and make sure preparations were done well, and just let the bear think he did it all on his own, but this time he hadn't.

'I've been too distracted recently… while it would be a good political blow towards the Schnees if done correctly, we don't need the dust, and I think the restlessness he mentioned will make them sloppy. That could lead to failure of the mission along with casualties of our own troops.' He reasoned to himself. 'I also haven't checked any of the preparations he's done… The troops need to satiate their energy yes, but it'd be better to do it on a smaller project.' "I can't allow that to happen." He said shocking the lieutenant. "I will not greenlight this mission. Your orders are to stand down and wait for another opportunity."