32. one more night

Start from the beginning

He gets up without knowing it and wanders over to his window. Jeongguk's heart is set on Taehyung, Taehyung, Taehyung, and nothing else. He's not thinking anymore, God, he never is when he's around Taehyung.

The moment the window's pulled up, he skids down the side of his roof. All he's running on now is adrenaline and desperation— he's never really climbed this part a lot. Taehyung's better at it.

When he approaches Taehyung's window, he notices he's sitting on his bed with headphones on, listening to his walkman as he tosses a football between his hands.

Jeongguk hesitates before knocking gently on his window, unsure why he's even here at the first place. He should be sleeping right now, though he dreads thinking about tomorrow with every piece of him.

Taehyung flinches in his bed, the skin between his brows drawing together. He pulls off his headphones and finally looks at the window, his eyes widening when he realizes Jeongguk's there. He waves at him, and somehow, his throat begins to close.

He scrambles out of his bed, tossing the football aside and limping to his window. Jeongguk's lips form a trembling smile. He feels tears pool in his eyes, blurring his vision the moment Taehyung opens the window.

"Are you—," Taehyung starts, but is instantly cut off guard when Jeongguk hops over his window and throws himself into his arms.

Taehyung staggers back slightly, his hands hovering above Jeongguk as he buries his face in his shirt, inhaling his familiar scent. It smells like home, fuck Taehyung's his home, and it doesn't take long until Jeongguk feels tears roll down his cheeks like raindrops.

Silence envelops them both, though it isn't the awkward kind. Jeongguk's sniffles fill the room as he tightens his hold around Taehyung's neck, his body fitting perfectly against his like he's found the missing piece to his puzzle.

Soon, Taehyung slowly wraps his arms around him, and all feels normal just for a moment. Even though the moment isn't long, Jeongguk's thankful he can remember what it feels like in Taehyung's embrace.

"I love you," Jeongguk says against his neck, his words slightly muffled. Taehyung gently pulls away from him to get a better look at his face.

"I love you too," He replies, using his thumb to carefully wipe away the tears staining his cheek. Jeongguk chuckles softly, reaching up and cupping the side of Taehyung's cheek with his palm.

"Will you ever forget me?"

"What? No, I wouldn't," Taehyung says, a little bit taken a back at the suddenness of Jeongguk's question. His brows knit together and the edges of his lips fall into a frown that has Jeongguk's stomach twisting.

"You probably should," Jeongguk says again, unsure where all of this is coming from yet it he still lets it out. He feels Taehyung stiffen beneath his touch, the frown he wears deepening as Jeongguk lets out a broken chuckle.

"Why would you ask me that?" Taehyung says, the words that leave his lips wavering ever so slightly. Jeongguk's smile cracks, and soon, the sobs he's been trying so hard to hold back wreck havoc over his entire body.

He leans his head into Taehyung's shoulder, his shoulders shaking with each violent sob that leaves his throat raw. Taehyung sighs, pulling him back in and running his fingers through his hair as the smaller boy breaks right in front of him.