Chapter 9

“Gummy bears? How unpredictable!” Shawn rolled his eyes while Lauren entered back in the car.

“Just shut up and follow the yellow car,” Lauren answered pointing to a cab that was passing.

“What?”

“Nothing, I just always wanted to say this,” the girl laughed and Shawn started to drive them to the hospital.

Lauren was calm and had pretty much everything planned. She would get there, greet the girl with the gummy bears and the flowers, and start a casual talk about the girl’s healing etc.

The flowers weren’t supposed to be included, but Shawn insisted and practically pushed Lauren inside the floriculture.

The boy went ahead and asked if flowers had meanings, which lit up the face of the old man who was selling, who answered.

He started by showing the ones with love meanings, thinking the flowers were supposed to be from Shawn to Lauren,
but the boy clarified it right away.

“They’re for her girlfriend”, Shawn said with a serious tone and got a rather strong punch in the arm from the green-eyed brunette.

The old man smiled lightly, and kept showing the flowers with love meanings, but Lauren was the one to cut him this time and say the flowers were actually just for a friend.

The girl asked the flower seller about the ones with deeper meanings, besides love, then he started to show other flowers, but none of them could capture the girl’s’ attention, and she asked about a flower she knew about, daisies.

The old man walked towards the tables filled with flowers and reached a bunch of beautiful daisies next to the front window.

Lauren remembered the flower from her childhood when she used to play the ‘love me/love me not’ game, but never had to really dedicate it to someone.

She still hadn’t, but she thought the flowers contrasted with Camila’s small figure.

“The meaning of the flower”, the man started to explain, making Lauren pay attention, “can be many, actually, but they’re famous by their delicacy, mainly. Also, they exhale youth and innocence”, he kept explaining and even mentioned his wife, which Lauren thought was cute.

That was enough for Lauren to fall in love with them even more, so this was it. The old man made a small bouquet with the flowers and wrapped them in a transparent plastic, then, with a piece of thin silk fabric, he made a small bow to tie the flowers and the plastic together.

They looked so lovely and simple, it really reminded the brunette’s petite frame.

While Shawn paid the flowers, after insisting very much, Lauren held the bouquet in her hands and took a more detailed look at it, then noticed tiny little purple flowers placed in strategic places. She lifted her puzzled gaze at the old man.

“Lavenders, for luck”, the man smiled sympathetically, making a grin grow on Lauren’s face.

Both Shawn and Lauren headed right after to buy the gummy bears and finally go to the hospital. Lauren had everything planned, but when she saw the hospital building, she drowned on the passenger’s seat and wanted to throw up.