First Snow

The sun was slowly raising on New Berk and while some Vikings were starting to get up, Hiccup and Astrid were less eager to wake up since the other day was a tiring day for them. Not only do they had to run the village, they also had to care for their children, so they were grabbing as such sleep as possible.

Sadly, that wouldn't be the case as Zephyr rushed into their bedroom and climbed on top of them.

"Mummy! Daddy! Wake up!" she exclaimed while jumping. Hiccup managed to open one wearier eye to see his 3-year-old daughter smiling gleefully.

"Zephyr, don't you think it's a bit too early to wake up?" he groaned.

"But, daddy! The ground is white!" Now Hiccup's eyes were wide open, looking at her confusingly.

"What do you mean by that?" Astrid questioned, who was also wide awake after hearing Zephyr.

"It's all white! Look!" She pointed at the window, to which Astrid got up and walked towards. When she opened the windows, her eyes grew, and she grinned.

"Hiccup, it snowed last night!" she exclaimed. Hiccup got up from bed, picking up and carrying Zephyr along the way. He went up to the window and a smile came onto his face.

"Would you look at that?" He then turned to Zephyr. "That's snow, Zephyr." he explained.

"Snow?" she questioned. It was the first time she had ever seen snow on New Berk.

"Mummy!" Astrid turned around to see Nuffink waddling into the bedroom. She smiled as she picked him up. He then pointed to the window.

"White!" he exclaimed.

Astrid chuckled. "Yes, Nuffink. That's snow."

"Snow!" the one year old repeated. Both Nuffink and Zephyr watched in awe as tiny, little snowflakes continued to fall onto the ground, covering it all in white.

The Haddocks got changed into their winter outfit and headed out to the cold, snowy outside. Zephyr and Nuffink were being carried by their parents, with Nuffink being carried by Astrid on her waist and Zephyr on Hiccup's shoulders, still in awe at their home island being covered in white snow that they didn't know how to react.

Zephyr, while looking around, noticed Hiccup sticking his tongue to catch some snowflakes. She copied him, catching snowflakes and giggling as it happened. Nuffink did the same thing, while Astrid chuckled at this site. Then, Zephyr heard laughter coming from a group of kids, playing with the snow.

"Do you want to play with them?" Hiccup asked her. She looked down at the snowy ground nervously.

Hiccup chuckled. "Don't worry. It's fine." She still looked unsure.

"Hey, watch this." Hiccup picked up from his shoulders and carried her by his waist. He then crouched down, grabbing some snow in one hand and creating a snowball. Seeing Snotlout in the distance, he slowly walked a bit forward before throwing the snowball, hitting Snotlout on the back. He turned around quickly, his eyes peering at Hiccup.

"What? I guess the snow is pretty heavy today." Hiccup lied, but Snotlout was not convinced. He pointed towards his eyes before pointing towards Hiccup and walking off.

Hiccup laughed and Zephyr couldn't help but laugh as well. "Daddy, can you put me down, please?" she requested, now convinced the snow was not that scary. Hiccup carefully put her down, allowing her to walk around. She smiled and giggled as she could hear the crunching noise of the snow under her feet.

Seeing Zephyr having fun on the ground, Nuffink gestured Astrid to put him down, to which she gladly requested. At first, Nuffink lost balance and fell, so Astrid helped him up again. But then, he was enjoying the snow, walking and jumping all around.

"How about you two go and play with your friends?" Astrid suggested. 

"OK, mummy! Come on, Nuffink. Let's go to our friends." Zephyr said. She held his hand as they carefully walked through the snow and joined their friends.

"You know, I always wondered when it will snow again." Astrid mentioned to Hiccup.

"Yeah, me too. It reminds me of a certain special day." Hiccup smiled, remembering the last time it snowed, it was on their wedding day. Astrid smiled as she wrapped her arms around him and kissed his cheek. He wrapped his arms around her as well as they watched their kids playing with their friends in the snow.