SEVENTEEN

chapter seventeen;
price paid

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY YAWNING RIGHT NOW?" Wanda asked, as she levitated one of the robots and slammed it against the wall

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY YAWNING RIGHT NOW?" Wanda asked, as she levitated one of the robots and slammed it against the wall. Lucy nodded as she kept her hand pointed at the core, creating a bubble of force field shield around it, not allowing a single robot touching it.

"This is getting kind of boring" she said as she sent an energy wave towards one of the robots, which sent them out of the church, knocking them down. "I mean, come on!" she said. Wanda rolled her eyes. She was about to throw a snarky remark at Lucy, but the sounds of gunshots interrupted them. Lucy's eyes widened as she turned to Wanda.

"Well, it just got real interesting" Wanda commented.

"Protect the core" she said.

"Where are you going?" Wanda asked. Lucy teleported away before answering Wanda's question. But, if she took even one more second of answering Wanda's question, she wouldn't be in time to prevent the bullets from hitting Thor and Steve.

She appeared in front of them, holding her hand up, creating a shield above them. "I thought you were supposed to be at the church!" Steve said, as the bullets fired at them, but Lucy's shield was there to cover it like an umbrella in the rain.

The bullets stopped and she let her hand down. "Well, change of plans" she smiled. Her eyes scanned her surroundings to see if there was any other people injured. Her eyes landed on Clint, and the silver haired boy in front of him, covered in bullets. Her face dropped as she ran towards the boy. "No no no no" she whispered.

Lucy knelt down in front of him, letting his body fell onto her arms. Her eyes began to water and loud sobs came out of her mouth. "No..." she whispered. Her hands tried to look for a pulse, but finding nothing. "Pietro.. please" she sobbed. She held him closer and buried her face into his neck. "Don't leave me, don't leave Wanda.... please" she shook her head, as she cried.

She looked into his lifeless face, tears running down her face. "I'm sorry" she whispered. "I'm sorry, Pietro. It's all my fault..." she sobbed as she hugged Pietro's lifeless body closer. "This isn't fair..." she sobbed harder. Lucy felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Lucy. Hey, hey, it's okay" Steve said. She looked up to meet the super soldier's eyes. "We have to go" he said. Her eyes shifted to Pietro and she shook her head. "Lucy, we have to go, the city's going to blow up" Steve said. She shook her head.

"I don't care" she said, her teary eyes fixed at her best friend's lifeless body. "I don't care anymore" she said. The world around her seemed to crumble. It felt like a part of her heart was taken away from her, leaving a huge hole in it. She knew exactly who took that part of her, and she intended to make him pay the price for it. She turned to Steve. "He's going to have to pay for this" she said.

"Lucy.." Steve said. "What are you doing?" he asked. She stood up, ignoring Steve's question and took a glance at Pietro before nodding.

"Take him to the boat" she said.

"Where are you going?" Steve asked. Lucy shook her head before disappearing from Steve's view.

Wanda was already there. She knelt in front of Ultron, red orbs coming out of her fingers. "Wanda" Lucy said. Wanda stopped and turned to her. Tears started to formed in her eyes as she saw Wanda's teary eyes. Lucy nodded and walked towards her best friend, kneeling beside her. She engulfed her into a hug. "I know, I'm sorry" Lucy nodded. Wanda shook her head.

"It's not your fault" she said. Wanda pulled away from the hug and turned to Ultron. "It's his" she said. Red orbs started to come out of Wanda's fingers as Ultron's metal core flew into her hands. "And now he's paid the price" she said. Lucy looked at Ultron's lifeless eyes and nodded. It was silent, before Wanda spoke up.

"It should've been me" she said. Lucy turned to her. "He's needed by everyone. It's not fair, it should've been me" she said, shaking her head. Lucy shook her head.

"Hey, don't say that" she said. "I need Pietro, and I never want to lose him, not in a million years. But, I need you too. The team.. they need you. Don't ever feel like you aren't needed, because that's bullshit" Lucy said. "Ultron would've got to the core by now if it weren't for you protecting it" she added. Wanda smiled and nodded. "It shouldn't have been Pietro, and it shouldn't be you either. But, it happens to be Pietro, and there must have been a reason for it" she said.

Wanda nodded. She smiled as she wiped a tear from her cheeks. "What would I do without you?" Wanda said before pulling the girl into a hug. A small laugh escaped Lucy's lips. They pulled away from the hug and Lucy nodded.

"Come on, let's go" she said. Just before Wanda took Lucy's hand, a gasp escaped Lucy's lips as she felt the city falling down, along with her in it. She turned to find Wanda falling not far down from her. Her brain started to panic as tears ran down her eyes. Is this it?

There's practically nothing she could do at this point. Panic took over her brain, making it hard for her to teleport her way into the boats. She kept falling, as she watched the city blew up right before her eyes. Maybe this is it. At least she has come this far. At least she gets to meet her dad, even for a short amount of time, before leaving the world.

Lucy closed her eyes, and took in deep breaths. She waited for her head to hit the ground hard, or the rocks from the city to hit her head. None of that happened, thankfully. She felt two metal hands catching her before she fell to the grounds. Lucy looked up to see the red and gold metal mask. "I got you, Luce"

A/N
MERRY CHRISTMASSSS!!!! Here's a little christmas present for all of you :))