FOUR

chapter four;
the last enhanced

LUCY TELEPORTED TO STRUCKER'S SECRET ROOM

LUCY TELEPORTED TO STRUCKER'S SECRET ROOM. She didn't know where to go, it's the first place that she thought of. Lucy and Pietro found the room just a few weeks ago. At first, The Chitauri brought Lucy bad memories of the Battle of New York, but she got over it after a few other visits. Trying to catch her breath, Lucy walked into the back of the room and leaned onto a wall and rested her head.

"This is insane" she whispered, shaking her head. She pulled her head back and sighed. She just saw Steve for the first time in three years. The last time she saw the super soldier was when she was ten. She was stupid enough to think that her appearance change so much that Steve won't recognize her.

Lucy was about to walk into the front of the room when a familiar voice stopped her pace. "Yeah, I got something better" he said. A gasp escaped her lips and she quickly covered her mouth before hiding behind a wall. She knew that voice all too well.

"Is that Tony Stark?" Wanda whispered, appearing behind her. Lucy nodded. A smirk formed on Wanda's face. Lucy turned to her with raised eyebrows.

"What are you going to do?" she asked. Wanda smiled before following Tony who was already on his way to snatch the Scepter. Lucy knew what her friend's going to do and she knew exactly how it will affect Tony. She could have stopped her. But, instead she froze as red orbs came out of Wanda's fingers, manipulating Tony into seeing his fears.

Wanda walked back to her with a satisfied smile, and Lucy could feel Pietro's presence beside her. Lucy watched as her dad froze in fear. She wanted to cry. She wanted to call out to him and run into his arms. But, she knew she couldn't. Instead, she stood in the back of the room, tears struggling to come out.

After a few minutes, Tony broke off of his trance and looked around the room. Lucy pursed her lips. Wanda held back Pietro as Tony held out his hand. Lucy watched as his iron hand flew into his hand. "We're just going to let him take it?" Pietro asked. Neither Lucy nor Wanda answered.

Lucy watched as her father as he took the Scepter and left the room, and he left without knowing that his missing daughter is standing right behind him.

THE AVENGERS TOWER,
NEW YORK

After a few hours of flight from Sokovia back to New York, the Quinjet landed on top of the Avengers tower. Helen Cho, along with the rest of the doctors and Natasha rushed Clint to the lab to fix any injuries, Bruce following behind. Thor took the Scepter and walked out of the Quinjet as Maria Hill arrived. "Lab's all set, boss" she said.

Tony turned around from his seat and faced her. "Actually, he's boss" he said, pointing at Steve. "I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler" he said. Steve stood up and walked over to Maria.

"What's the word on Strucker?" he asked.

"NATO's got him"

"The Enhanced kids?" he asked. Steve knew what he saw. It seemed crazy, and he himself doesn't believe it, but the thought of the girl being Lucy Stark doesn't seem impossible. After Lucy's mysterious disappearance, Lucy has been the first person on S.H.I.E.L.D's top missing people list. Her pictures have been all over the news, but Steve didn't need the news to recognize the girl, since he has spent a generous amount of time with her.

"Two of them are twins. Pietro and Wanda Maximoff" Maria said, handing him the tablet as they walked inside the building. "Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building" she continued. Steve slide through the pictures to see a video of Wanda and Pietro on a protest. "Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special"

"Their abilities?" Steve asked.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostatis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation" she explained. "He's fast and she's weird" she added, noticing the confused look on Steve's face.

"The last one?" he asked. Maria sighed and looked around the room before she talked.

"You won't believe it" she said. Steve furrowed his eyebrows. Maria slid the tablet, showing the next slide. A security camera footage of a girl with brunette hair and blue eyes was shown, white orbs coming out of her fingers. Underneath it was the girl's name.

LUCIELLE ANTOINETTE STARK

"It's her, Cap" Maria stated. "It's Lucy" she said. Steve's lips parted in shock. He turned to the agent.

"What's her power?" he asked.

"Teleportation and force fields manipulation" Maria said. After three years of disappearance, they finally found the girl that Steve sees as his little sister.

The two reached the elevator and Steve pressed the button as the doors opened. He stepped inside. "Get Stark and the others and meet me at the lab" he said. Maria Hill nodded.

"Of course" she said, before her figure disappeared from Steve's view as the elevator's door closed.