THIRTEEN

chapter thirteen;
vision

THE RIDE FROM KOREA BACK TO THE AVENGERS COMPOUND WAS ENOUGH FOR LUCY TO GAIN HER ENERGY BACK

THE RIDE FROM KOREA BACK TO THE AVENGERS COMPOUND WAS ENOUGH FOR LUCY TO GAIN HER ENERGY BACK. Lucy followed Steve as they walked into the lab, Pietro and Wanda following behind her. Lucy could see the cradle in the middle of the room with Tony and Bruce busy on each of their devices. "I'm gonna say this once" Steve said.

"How about none-ce?" Tony replied.

"Shut it down!" Steve demanded. Tony shook his head.

"Nope. Not gonna happen" he said. Lucy could already feel the tension forming in the room.

"You don't know what you're doing"

"And you do?" Bruce asked. "She's not in your head?" he asked, referring to the red head behind Lucy.

"I know you're angry" Wanda said.

"Oh, we're way past that" Bruce said. "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade" he added. Lucy raised her eyebrows. That's not something that she expected Bruce to say.

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony argued.

"You don't know what's in there!"

"This isn't a game!" Steve argued. Lucy could see the blurry silver light running towards the cradle. Everyone stopped their argument, as Pietro stopped with the tubes that were once stuck onto the cradle, in his hands.

"No, no. Go on, you were saying?" he said. A gunshot was heard and the glass that Pietro stood on broke, which resulted to Pietro falling down.

"Pietro!" both Wanda and Lucy yelled.

"I'm rerouting the upload" Tony said. Lucy turned to him as Steve threw his shield. Tony fired at Steve, knocking him down. Meanwhile, Banner was fighting Wanda as Clint was fighting Pietro. Lucy looked around and shook her head. Ultron is tearing them apart.

"No! Stop it, all of you!" she yelled. No one responded, but Thor's presence caught all of their attention. Thor stood on top of the cradle and rose his hammer, bringing his thunder. Thor struck his thunder into the cradle. Lucy's eyes widened at the sight. She turned to the monitor beside it to see the power overloading.

Thor put down his hammer, and the cradle opened in an explosion. Instinctively, Lucy formed a shield, protecting herself and those around her from the explosion. Thor was thrown backwards. A man jumped out of it. His skin was red, and Lucy started to question whether it's actually a man.

He stood up, observing his surrounding. His eyes landed on Thor, who was standing in front of him. He lunged himself towards Thor, and Thor threw him off. Lucy teleported beside Thor and he raised his hand, stopping her from attacking.

He stopped as he observed the view of the building outside. Everyone started to gather around. Thor put his hammer down and walked towards him. "I'm sorry. That was.. odd" he said. Oh, he speaks, Lucy thought. "Thank you" he said. His voice sounded oddly familiar to Lucy.

"Thor. You helped create this?" Steve asked.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that" he said, pointing at the yellow glowing gem.

"What, the gem?" Lucy asked.

"It's the mind stone. It's one of the six infinity stones. It's the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capability" Thor explained.

"Then why would you bring it-"

"Because Stark is right" Thor said.

"That's a first" Lucy muttered, just enough for Tony to hear. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron"

"Not alone" Vision said. This time it hit her. Vision sounded exactly like JARVIS.

"Why does he sounds like JARVIS?" Lucy asked.

"We reconfigured JARVIS's matrix to create something new" Tony said. Lucy eyed Vision suspiciously. Something about him freaks her out. Probably because of the fact that he was born out of a cradle and sounded like JARVIS.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron" he said.

"You're not?" Steve asked. Vision shook his head.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am" he said. Lucy rose her eyebrows.

"I look in your head and saw annihilation" Wanda said.

"Look again" he said.

"Her seal of approval means jack to me" Clint said, walking in the room.

"Their powers, the horrors in our head, Ultron himself, they all came from the mind stone" Thor explained. "They are nothing compared to what they can unleash" he added. "But with it on our side-"

"Is it? On our side?" Steve asked. He turned to Vision. "Are you on our side?" he asked.

"I don't think it's that simple" Vision replied.

"Well, it's about to get real simple real soon"

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all" he said. Lucy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Then what's he waiting for?" Lucy asked. Vision turned to her.

"You. All of you" he said.

"Where?" she asked.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too" Clint said. Lucy nodded. Bruce walked up to Vision.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be-"

"What will you do?" Vision asked. Bruce didn't respond. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now" he explained. "And not one of us can do it without the others" he said.

"Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd known if I were one. I'm not what you are, I'm not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me" he said. "But, we need to go" Vision picked up Thor's hammer and handed it to him.

Lucy's eyes widened. Everyone in the room seemed to have the same stunned expression. Including Thor, except his is mixed with a little bit of embarrassment. Thor took his hammer and Vision walked away. Thor cleared his throat. "Right" he nodded. "Well done" he patted Tony's shoulder as he walked away.

"Three minutes. Get what you need"