"we need to talk after class." she said in a stern, demanding voice.

"Oh no. your dead!" Blaise jokes.

"Should i be worried?" i ask.

"It depends." Oh no indeed. i was starting to panic a little but before i could ask any more questions, she has walked out of the room again.

the rest of class i was stressed. Blaise tried to distract me with anything and everything, but as much as i appreciated his attempts and effort, it wasn't working. what if she finally realized shes to good for me and I'm just a piece of shit? What if shes breaking up with me for Weasel? Draco don't do this to yourself or all that going to happen is a hole in the wall. we were all dismissed from class. i stood up slowly and uneasily. i was feeling uneasy myself, like i could vomit on command. Blaise pats me on the shoulder,

"You'll be fine!" he reassures me but as he walks off, i see him shake his head. I'm fucking doomed. i knew exactly where i would find her so after i left the crowded halls, leaving classrooms, i made my way outside and into the yard. there kids were running around all over the place. i walked straight passed them all and watched their shocked faces as i walked into the forest. there, sitting on the rock where i expected her to be, was Hermione. she looked like a queen on a throne. she turns and looks at me with a smile.

"Oh its just you." she jokes.

"don't need to sound so disappointed." i add. she giggles. her giggle was so cute. why was her giggle so cute guh!

"I was stressing about this talk all class." she says as i take a seat next to her. she was stressing it to?

"Same. i would have helped if i knew what this talk was about. what i did wrong, you know?" she gives me a puzzled expression.

"I'm not breaking up with you if that's what you think!" she says. i sigh and watch her laugh at my instant relief.

"so what is this about then?"

"i wanted to ask you about you cousin." oh. that's not what i expected. she seemed so calm now.

"Oh... my cousin as in,"

"Delphini." she finishes. i nod my head.

"ok um, what do you want to know?"

"Like have you met her? what was she like? when was she born?" this conversation went in the complete opposite then what i expected. to be honest i never imagined having this talk with Hermione at all!

"well. I met her during the holidays. We are the only family she had so the orphanage gave her to us for a weekend. i mean, they say its because we are her only family ut i think they were also worried about mother, needed an excuse to keep an eye on her. She was around 4 months when she came but you would have thought she was like 6. she was walking, talking and knew everything an older kid would do. she just seemed to age really fast."

"and what was she like?"

"she was a weird kid. she liked to lay in the middle of the floor and stare up at the ceiling. she talked to herself all the time and was weirdly polite. but in less of a cutesy way and more of a creepy way."

"Like her father?"

"Yeah i guess." i say. she nods her head. i thought she was going to start speaking again. say why she asked or something but nope. she just sat there in silence. "why did you want to know?" i say starting up the convo again.

"OH right! sorry. its only because, and promise you wont freak out. i heard Trelawney talking to McGonagal about Delphini 'coming of age'. and i didn't know what that meant so i thought if you could tell me a little about her, i could find out but it still seems strange."

"It is strange. do you think she means of age to come to Hogwarts?"

"Maybe. but they said something about continuing her dads work so i don't know. what does it mean 'coming of age' in that way?"

"sorry i wouldn't know. but i say don't read into it much ok? You know Trelawney. she is a nutcase! i say just focus on school work and spending time with your friends and me." i kiss her on the head and listen to her giggle. god i love her giggle.

"thanks babe." she says, snuggling her head into my shoulder. i wish we could stay like this till we die.

lol you guys have no idea. thx for reading chapter 40! holy crap 40 chapters written in just under 3 months i think. and over 3k reads thats insane thank you guys so much. if you enjoyed, vote for this chapter and any other chapters as well that would help me out alot. i love this book so much and i am so sad that its getting closer and closer to the ending the more chapters i write. and the more chapters i write means the more i get into it, the more i get into it the more chapters i write, then i get sad and i am dreading writing the ending cos like sad lol. anyway i am rambling. if you have any feedback, feel free to message me or comment down below and i will reply to everyone who sends in a comment. 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕